• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck pre-tour documentary link

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Captain_Obvious said:
Like the other guy said; although it was aired on Dutch tv. Its made by the Danish.

my apologies and I guess I should say that Danish television is outdoing themselves...still great stuff...now I want to see Lars Von Trier do a tour documentary...that would be pretty riveting...or is Trier swedish? can't remember...I believe he is danske...

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Andy actually came off as good in the film...before I had seen this never cared for him too much personally...just seemed abit whiney...maybe it's the editing, but I like the guy...

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
The Gnome said:
Andy actually came off as good in the film...before I had seen this never cared for him too much personally...just seemed abit whiney...maybe it's the editing, but I like the guy...

I have to agree on this. Like Riss said, he comes off as a young boy. Then again, what do we know.

I wonder if he ever managed to lose those few extra pounds. ;) That bit was quite funny. "its just skin and bones"

setting aside my current dislike for his racing style, I must recognize that I liked the video a lot-and perhaps is due to the exposure of what Andy is really like nowadays-so plumed & secured-far away from that goofy, silly,sometimes Diva like & immature persona he was reflecting last year... so I hope the real Andy comes out during the Tour and gives the best fight for the title:)

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The Gnome said:
great documentary...thanks for posting! Dutch Television is really outdoing itself these days...

Just for the record: its a Danish documentary made by Niels Christian Jung from DR (a danish TV station). Ironically he was awardede the "journalist of the year" title in 2007 for making alot of indepth doping documentaries which more or less exposed Riis as a doper and was a driving force behind Riis' eventual admittance.

Anyways on-topic: its a fine documentary. Nothing spetacular. A little bit like "Overcoming" from 2005 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465556/). Just as in Overcoming rememebr that the your are following the "good guys", meaning that the editing will try to depict it that way. But it was never right to depict Andy as the bad guy either. Riders are all human and all make mistakes.

Anyways, their tactics seemed a bit random, but that might just have been due to the fact that we only saw some bits about they tactics. Speaking of tactics I wuite enjoyed following the Astana tactical-meetings prior to each Giro-stage this year.

Race Radio said:
Bingo....funny how Frank has not raced in Italy for a long time
Just because ever since a little incident he regularly skips the races that suit him best, some of which are among the most important one-day races in the world, that doesn't mean there must be something shady about it. You're way too cynical. Take it to the Clinic, you clinicky cynic, you.
woodburn said:
He rode through Italy in the 2009 Tour.
Ah, but he didn't have to stop, did he?

What I find a bit worrying is the fact that McQuaid didn't only speak at the official team presentation, he even visited them at team camp, apparently. Could he get any more biased? I already had the impression that the guys on this team can get away with a little more than others, but you don't have to rub it in, Patty.

Yeah, that was a bit unsettling to me as well - I mean, I'm all for the president of the UCI showing support for new initiatives (I'm just not quite sure yet what that newness actually is), but going in saying that their work is important in changing cycling and that cycling needs it is saying a lot more about how he feels about the rest of the teams. It must've been shortly after a barrage of complains from Vaughters, Riis and Bruyneel :)

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
hrotha said:
Just because ever since a little incident he regularly skips the races that suit him best, some of which are among the most important one-day races in the world, that doesn't mean there must be something shady about it. You're way too cynical. Take it to the Clinic, you clinicky cynic, you.

Ah, but he didn't have to stop, did he?
Wouldn't the Italians need the Spanish authorities to help them out? I can't imagine relations are very good after the Valverde saga. Frank will be safe, I think.

TRENDING THREADS