• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BotanyBay said:
Of course this has nothing to do with Johan and today's news. Move along folks, move along!
Except that...

Celaya, 56, is one of the current doctors at RadioShack-Nissan. Celaya met Bruyneel when he worked as a team doctor for ONCE, where Bruyneel raced until his retirement in 1998.

Since the merger between RadioShack and Leopard-Trek, Celaya has been working with the Schleck brothers this season as one of the official team doctor of the new RadioShack-Nissan squad.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/06/news/who-are-the-spaniards-under-the-usada-spotlight_223914

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
Except that...

Celaya, 56, is one of the current doctors at RadioShack-Nissan. Celaya met Bruyneel when he worked as a team doctor for ONCE, where Bruyneel raced until his retirement in 1998.

I was going for sarcasm. Usually that's pretty easy for me, but today I failed ;-)

It looks like Andy had one heck of a "Oh Crap, ze know how vee getz away wiz it!" moment today. If they're going after the docs, that means they know the techniques.

Looks like they kept the '09 and '10 positives secret so that they could collect more and more bad guys. I have a feeling that it will be a BUSY year for USADA and a few other anti-doping agencies.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
I was going for sarcasm. Usually that's pretty easy for me, but today I failed ;-)

It looks like Andy had one heck of a "Oh Crap, ze know how vee getz away wiz it!" moment today. If they're going after the docs, that means they know the techniques.

Looks like they kept the '09 and '10 positives secret so that they could collect more and more bad guys. I have a feeling that it will be a BUSY year for USADA and a few other anti-doping agencies.

Indeed, Schlecks injury came at a suspiciously opportune moment.
I think he's thankful for that crash. Time to lay low.

And yes, the Schleckies are among the biggest losers of these 'new' developments. How could they not foresee this happening?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
Indeed, Schlecks injury came at a suspiciously opportune moment.
I think he's thankful for that crash. Time to lay low.

And yes, the Schleckies are among the biggest losers of these 'new' developments. How could they not foresee this happening?

That is pro cycling continuing to shoot itself in the feet with both barrels :(