• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Another story making the case = Armstrong is clean.

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

53x11 in DC said:
OK FKennandBarbie, you're in there too! Let's f'in enjoy the festivities. MellowBiggyDiggyDangVelo will try to tell you how boring these stages are (love ya MV, and you're often right), but this could be a freakin show!! at least we all should hope so.

For those of you who haven't watched from the roadside:

With a few thousand of your new bestest friends, translating in whatever language works (including Italian sign language), I can assure you that you'll, just for a moment, forget the sheeite that has plagued our sport since the olden days.

agreed.. just a shame with work we only ever get to go to paris.. (the wife teaches, so she breaks up just before the end of the tour :/)

but even 12 hours stood in blazing heat on the champs elysees has its moments... the chance to congratulate EVERY SINGLE ONE of the riders who has finished is worth it.. doped or not.. Personally, i couldnt complete the tour on epo, cera, with seventeen blood transfusions and a line of coke every morning..

byu123 said:
I didn't write the review. People here have me all over the Internet . . . here, Twitter, Amazon reviewer, etc. I am just here on this topic. I simply went to Amazon queried the book and read the reviews and posted the link to someone elses review. I don't question Walsh's competence overall, similarly I don't question Ashenden's credentials as a scientist. I just find fault with their assumptions and judgements with respect to "that un-retired racer everyone is talking about these days."

You didn't write the review, but you referenced it, which is essentially the same as referencing Wikipedia to back up your points.
So you haven't read the book, but feel qualified to question and fault their 'assumptions and judgements etc etc'.
Hint: If I want to find fault with a writer or anyone else for that matter, I read their work, and then pick out specifc examples which are not accurate. Until you do this, you will not be taken seriously, even on a forum. Show me even one example from the book which is not accurate, or is indeed downright lies.

Dr. Maserati said:
Thanks for that - I couldnt remember when David first started reporting on Stephen Roche but I knew it was waaay earlier than 2005!

And one small addition re: outspoken journos on Michelle De Bruin- dont forget Tom Humphries!!

Hey, yeah you're spot on about Tom...an absolute legend. I didn't drop his name in as I felt people in a cycling forum would not recognise his name. But yeah, glad you did. :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
agreed.. just a shame with work we only ever get to go to paris.. (the wife teaches, so she breaks up just before the end of the tour :/)

but even 12 hours stood in blazing heat on the champs elysees has its moments... the chance to congratulate EVERY SINGLE ONE of the riders who has finished is worth it.. doped or not.. Personally, i couldnt complete the tour on epo, cera, with seventeen blood transfusions and a line of coke every morning..

(sorry for being all over this thread, but my excitement is obviously palpable). Having been on the Cd'E 3 times now ('99, '00, '03, never to return, as much fun as it is), Dim, you'd need to give me epo, cera, and a few transfusions to deal with the 6-deep crowds that line the route that day. My last foray onto the Cd'E started at 7am, and defending our spot cost me a good 6 months of my life. that stated, if one gets a chance to see the inevitable suicide breakaways, and the team's promenades, don't pass it up.

53x11 in DC said:
OK FKennandBarbie, you're in there too! Let's f'in enjoy the festivities. MellowBiggyDiggyDangVelo will try to tell you how boring these stages are (love ya MV, and you're often right), but this could be a freakin show!! at least we all should hope so.

Safe passage.......don't hurry back! (just joking)
I truly hope you are right and I get to keep my boring posts to a minimum.
Was there last year and in 2005 for Lance's last fling!???:confused:
Very jealous, too, because this one is a bit special.

Bon voyage.....(is that bit of French OK on this thread, or will I be chased down by the Federal Beaurau of Irritation?;))

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
The sooner we all understand that the OP is beyond help, the better this forum will be. His stance is far too long held and ingrained for any words to alter.

Not sure if there's an ignore button on here but if there is, he's just christened the list. au voir.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
First of all I have to say that regardless of the accuracy of either side's argument byu123 has reacted to all of the flak (95% of responding posts) with remarkable calmness - in contrast to other threads and associated posters....

53x11 in DC said:
(sorry for being all over this thread, but my excitement is obviously palpable).

Enjoy, I and I'm sure all other cycling fans who aren't making a similar trip are ridiculously jealous.

RightWingNutJob said:
Not that I think byu is a troll, but I have never seen this work.

Well if he intro's his threads and no one responds it will drop off the 1st page
alot quicker. Of course if he responds on his own thread it'll be comparable to carrying on a conversation with himself which can't do anything to further encourage his current behavior.

BYU is a joker, I posted on another thread how over 20 years of following cycling in detail had changed me from Lance fan to dissenter and how it isnt just some irrational hatred or jealousy but based on an in depth knowledge of cycling and then using logic and evidence. The response from BYU? nothing, you know when you have stumped somebody when they dont respond to your points but continue their argument regardless.

I knew a lot of people on here are like myeslf in this regard and it annoys me when we are potrayed as all haters by people who knew nothing about cycling pre Lance and still dont know much other than Lance. A lot of people who were not following cycling through the Festina affair will always find it hard to understand how we got to the point were we are now but 1998 has been the seminal moment of our sport and it changed so many things for me and many others.

Also, so many Americans can be naive even in the face of overwhelming evidence, they simply cannot understand how a fellow countryman can do something wrong or illegal. This is not some unfounded accusation, anti-american bashing, this is based on my observations from living in the US for 2 years and having been back 5/6/times with many, many friends from there. I have also lived in UK, Australia, Belgium for substantial periods so I like to think from an international unbiased prespective rather than any nationalistic viewpoint.

BYU is the type of guy who as somebody else once pointed out in another thread, if Lance was caught on camera injecting a needle with the letters EPO on it still wouldnt believe Lance could dope.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
Well if he intro's his threads and no one responds it will drop off the 1st page
alot quicker. Of course if he responds on his own thread it'll be comparable to carrying on a conversation with himself which can't do anything to further encourage his current behavior.

many people post response on their own threads.

A

Anonymous

pmcg76 said:
BYU is a joker, I posted on another thread how over 20 years of following cycling in detail had changed me from Lance fan to dissenter and how it isnt just some irrational hatred or jealousy but based on an in depth knowledge of cycling and then using logic and evidence. The response from BYU? nothing, you know when you have stumped somebody when they dont respond to your points but continue their argument regardless.

I knew a lot of people on here are like myeslf in this regard and it annoys me when we are potrayed as all haters by people who knew nothing about cycling pre Lance and still dont know much other than Lance. A lot of people who were not following cycling through the Festina affair will always find it hard to understand how we got to the point were we are now but 1998 has been the seminal moment of our sport and it changed so many things for me and many others.

Also, so many Americans can be naive even in the face of overwhelming evidence, they simply cannot understand how a fellow countryman can do something wrong or illegal. This is not some unfounded accusation, anti-american bashing, this is based on my observations from living in the US for 2 years and having been back 5/6/times with many, many friends from there. I have also lived in UK, Australia, Belgium for substantial periods so I like to think from an international unbiased prespective rather than any nationalistic viewpoint.

BYU is the type of guy who as somebody else once pointed out in another thread, if Lance was caught on camera injecting a needle with the letters EPO on it still wouldnt believe Lance could dope.

You went to Australia and didn't include them in that sentence? Or France? Or the UK? Or.....well, nationalism is not the province of Americans and there are many of us who don't live in whatever place it is you visited.

unsheath said:
The sooner we all understand that the OP is beyond help, the better this forum will be. His stance is far too long held and ingrained for any words to alter.

Not sure if there's an ignore button on here but if there is, he's just christened the list. au voir.
I disagree that byu is beyond help. He appears to be reasonably intelligent and thoughtful. Massive paradigm shifts might happen overnight, but often only after all other avenues are exhausted. He's in the middle of the process, as many others are too. Patience, my friend.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
FYI for BYU

Issoisso on Dekker's positive:

"As Martial Saugy of the Lausanne lab put it, the test results clearly show who's doping and who isn't (according to him, about 80% of the TDF peloton). Simply they can't declare it positive due to insanely high standards to be able to declare a sample positive.

In this case, the spectral analysis showed bands that are nothing like those of normal urine. Clearly exogenous EPO was there. But they couldn't prove it. However, with the new test for Dynepo, they retested it and it came back positive for Dynepo.
"

I'd like to be a coke snorter on the case in his ostensible FBI office. Could snort in meetings, go for a bike ride, do some unda da table dealings with confiscated goodies, etc. :D

TRENDING THREADS