Anti-doping expert Parisotto speaks on blood passport

A

Anonymous

Guest
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/anti-doping-expert-parisotto-speaks-on-blood-passport

" the reason why some big fish win is because some of the smaller fish are doping, as they in fact are helping the bigger ones. If they are doped, it may be the reason why they can go up hills so fast and break up the peloton."

"CN: There were high profile cases in last year’s Tour, such as Riccardo Ricco, Bernhard Kohl and Stefan Schumacher. Do you know if any of those riders had shown anomalies in their passports?

RP: The UCI doesn’t provide us with any identification of any riders [when assessing]. I might have seen some results which may be theirs, but I wouldn’t know."

i'd feel a littel better if uci showed us kohl's values as an assurance that what's he's saying he did showed in his values.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
jackhammer111 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/anti-doping-expert-parisotto-speaks-on-blood-passport

" the reason why some big fish win is because some of the smaller fish are doping, as they in fact are helping the bigger ones. If they are doped, it may be the reason why they can go up hills so fast and break up the peloton."

"CN: There were high profile cases in last year’s Tour, such as Riccardo Ricco, Bernhard Kohl and Stefan Schumacher. Do you know if any of those riders had shown anomalies in their passports?

RP: The UCI doesn’t provide us with any identification of any riders [when assessing]. I might have seen some results which may be theirs, but I wouldn’t know."

i'd feel a littel better if uci showed us kohl's values as an assurance that what's he's saying he did showed in his values.
thought this would stir something up.

no opinions out there?

how unlike yourselves.
 
Jun 3, 2009
287
0
0
jackhammer111 said:
thought this would stir something up.

no opinions out there?

how unlike yourselves.
It does seem to indicate CN is reading the forum and picking up on key points by posters.

Also backups that it is the rich riders who would be the ones in a much better position to beat the passports as has also been pointed out in here.
 
Mar 19, 2009
1,311
0
0
If everybody was totally clean and there was no doping.

And I blood doped one single rider with moderate Grand Tour talent to just a 54% crit, e.g. Jens Voight. This one rider is on hGH, slin, low dose testosterone, etc, etc.

I could make him win the TDF by 15-20 mins... Seriously. he would easily drop all the columbian, spanish climbers and he'd DEMOLISH the flat TTs over clean riders. If a talented man who can get 5.2 watts per kilo at FTP clean, blood doped and on 02 carriers they could easily jack to 6.2 watts per kilo even if they responded only moderately to drug therapy. Past winners of the TDF had 5.7 or so (Lemond, Fingon who was jacked on uppers, pep pills).

You just have to look at the true blood dope power numbers right now. Gustov Larsson is a nobody in the high mountains of a Grand Tour. Yet look at his incredible power >> 6.3 watts per kilo for 31 mins! Maybe as high as 6.4... Gustov lists himself as 77kg on his website and said "I was expecting 480 and I tried to hold 490."

Tour de France riders in the 1980s that only had speed balls and Bennies to dope with (amphetamines), along with corticoids and maybe hGH; could not even hit 410 watts at Gustov's weight of 77 kilos!
 
Mar 18, 2009
2,442
0
0
Not Riding Enough said:
It does seem to indicate CN is reading the forum and picking up on key points by posters.

Also backups that it is the rich riders who would be the ones in a much better position to beat the passports as has also been pointed out in here.
+1 in all regards. CN questions were directly from the threads and Kohl and other rich riders are using the passport to beat the passport. Answers were quite ridiculous as well.
 
May 13, 2009
3,093
1
0
It's all about money:

The athlete has to monitor their own blood a lot more closely, probably a lot more often, probably with a lot more medical help. It will obviously require a lot more money, and will probably require a lot more subterfuge, keeping things quiet to cover their tracks. So just from that perspective, the passport has to make it a lot more difficult to hide blood doping because purely and simply it is going to mean a whole lot more time devoted to covering your tracks.
No wonder team Hogstrong went ballistic over the delay of sponsor money during the Giro ;)
 
May 9, 2009
583
0
0
It's pretty hard to compare cyclists of different eras. Yes, maybe today's top guys are faster than, say, LeMond. But that's to be expected. Progress is inevitable. About fifty years ago the fastest in the world couldn't run a mile in less than 4 min. Now high school kids do it (they aren't on epo). Add in the technological advancement (aero, weight) of bicycles, and even if riders were clean we'd see performances much better than we saw in the past.
 
stephens said:
It's pretty hard to compare cyclists of different eras. Yes, maybe today's top guys are faster than, say, LeMond. But that's to be expected. Progress is inevitable. About fifty years ago the fastest in the world couldn't run a mile in less than 4 min. Now high school kids do it (they aren't on epo). Add in the technological advancement (aero, weight) of bicycles, and even if riders were clean we'd see performances much better than we saw in the past.
I am not an expert but I think you need other kind of drugs than EPO to run the mile which high school kids sadly are already taking.
Sorry
 
May 9, 2009
583
0
0
No, I'm sorry. Sorry that your cynicism is so strong it prevents you from believing in the legitimacy of any athletic progress. What a way to go through life.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Escarabajo said:
I am not an expert but I think you need other kind of drugs than EPO to run the mile which high school kids sadly are already taking.
Sorry
epo would be a perfect drug for the mile run.

sadly, you've come without proof.
 
Mar 18, 2009
14,634
3
0
Escarabajo said:
You are right. Just rumors from the media in USA. That is one of the reasons why they are starting campaigs aginst steroids and other drugs is high school. Am I right?
High school football is already rank with steroids. It is not too big of a stretch to assume that high school track and fielders might be using EPO.
 
May 9, 2009
583
0
0
The cost puts it out of the reach of most. You have to be really cynical to believe even high school times are all illegitimate.
 
Mar 18, 2009
14,634
3
0
stephens said:
The cost puts it out of the reach of most. You have to be really cynical to believe even high school times are all illegitimate.
Cost is rather cheap these days. Parents are also crazy competitve. There are college scholarships on the line. I would not think it is widespread, but it is naive to think that it does not happen.
 
May 9, 2009
583
0
0
If it's not widespread, then my point stands: the advancement of mile run times from "impossible" 50 years ago to even commonly done by high school kids is due to the natural progression of human athletic achievement and not drugs. We ought to allow that cycling is open to the same and that not all progression has been because of drugs.
 
Apr 9, 2009
1,916
0
0
BroDeal said:
High school football is already rank with steroids. It is not too big of a stretch to assume that high school track and fielders might be using EPO.
One of my high school football team-mates did steroids. He was a running back and was very good - started on the varsity team as a sophomore and I was his 2nd string tailback. Guess what? The steroids did not make him better because they ****ed up his brain so much that he actually got kicked off the team for being a roid-raging idiot. Not only did he not get the college scholarship he had the talent to get before taking roids, he didn't even graduate high school.
 
Mar 19, 2009
1,311
0
0
BroDeal said:
Cost is rather cheap these days. Parents are also crazy competitve. There are college scholarships on the line. I would not think it is widespread, but it is naive to think that it does not happen.
Do you know how many college athletes are jacked?! Ha!

Grandma's marathon today... The man who wins never won more than 1 race as a college runner... Only went to his state high school cross country tournament ( Minnesota of all places) one time.... He works in a patent office in Washington D.C. >>> he's not a PRO... And certainly not part of any testing pool. LOL (beavis laugh.) AND bro, he drops these Kenyans that are jacked on epo. I was laughing hard. LOL :)
 
Mar 18, 2009
14,634
3
0
BigBoat said:
Do you know how many college athletes are jacked?! Ha!

Grandma's marathon today... The man who wins never won more than 1 race as a college runner... Only went to his state high school cross country tournament ( in F-ing Minnesota of all places) one time.... He works in a patent office in Washington D.C. >>> he's not a PRO... And certainly not part of any testing pool. LOL (beavis laugh.) AND bro, he drops these Kenyans that are jacked on epo. I was laughing hard. LOL :)
As long as you are researching drugs on the Internet, you really need to find something for that Ha!, LOL, RANDOM ALL CAPS problem.
 
BikeCentric said:
One of my high school football team-mates...actually got kicked off the team for being a roid-raging idiot
He had to have some screws loose already, or been completely jacked (or both - the Chris Benoit scenario). The vast majority of guys who do steroids have only micro changes in behavior if anything at all, and no "roid rage" of any sort.

Hate to be even more blunt, but not only are a lot of PED's cheap, it's not even that hard to get prescription drugs in the USA legally. Go to your family doctor and tell him you have had zero sex drive over the last several weeks, or months even, though you can get an erection. No prizes for guessing what he'll likely prescribe.

Agree with BroDeal otherwise when he said it's not likely widespread, and technical advancement is a large reason for records being broken in a lot of sports, but you'd have to be naive to think that PED's don't exist on a high school level.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY