• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anti doping measure

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Consider this: Top fueler class for convicted dopers. We can call it UCI PRO CYCLING PLUS CATAGORY.
They can race the same races as clean riders with a time handicap to the clean riders.
They however recieve no prizes or placings in the mixed races.
But they can also race the top fueler races among their catagory. For cash and glory and with the consequences of chemical/blood enhancement.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
yea
lets not consider this. what about the young riders coming thru?
you want to inject them yourself?
you want the guilt of early death or mental breakdowns.....long after the podium and inconclusive testing?

On Saturday, two members of the Ukrainian squad were arrested by French police and charged with possession of illegal pharmaceutical products.

The arrest of the two riders followed the arrest on Friday of the father of one of the riders and the team's physiotherapist. The latter two were stopped by customs officials in Sauveur and were allegedly found to be in possession of suspect products and syringes

one of the riders was given the 'gear' by his father.!!!!!!!

cycling:sort yourself out!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
that is sick!

So sorry to hear about the dilusional Ukrainian team and family. I am so sorry all I can say is if that is how it is I do not want my kids participating in cycling.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
that is/was the fact at the top end of the sport.
cycling is a fantastic, character building activity.
to have even local success, ability must accompany determination .

Biking is a safe sport with limitless +
the only problem is if your kids heros get caught doping.
by the time they grow up technology will HOPEFULLY have DNAed the cheats out.

get them a bike and life freedom will follow

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
if that is how it is I do not want my kids participating in cycling.

I can see your logic there.

HAHA

What are you thinking? Look at the first page of the newspaper or better yet look through the whole thing. Do you think the world is perfect?
Do you believe everything BUT cycling is perfect? Did you believe cycling before this incident was fine?

Look at the Football player caught for dog fighting, did he turn the whole sport off for you?

Look at the hockey player who beat up the taxi driver over a few cents, did he turn off the whole sport for you.

Were just human, were not perfect. The fact that there are a few clean riders in the pro peleton fighting the war against drugs should inspire you to participate in the sport and help out. Not straight up throw down your bike and walk away.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
anti doping

It has to be grassroots this anti-doping. We need to let our children be free to ride their bikes and be free of doping.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Andrichuk said:
I can see your logic there.

HAHA

What are you thinking? Look at the first page of the newspaper or better yet look through the whole thing. Do you think the world is perfect?
Do you believe everything BUT cycling is perfect? Did you believe cycling before this incident was fine?

Look at the Football player caught for dog fighting, did he turn the whole sport off for you?

Look at the hockey player who beat up the taxi driver over a few cents, did he turn off the whole sport for you.

Were just human, were not perfect. The fact that there are a few clean riders in the pro peleton fighting the war against drugs should inspire you to participate in the sport and help out. Not straight up throw down your bike and walk away.

This could be the silliest thing I've read in a long time. I think the original comment was responding to the idea of the father facilitating and encouraging his son's cheating in addition to endorsing his doing long-term harm to his body. I don't think it was a character indictment of all cycling, but the disturbing notion that doping is rife through most higher echelons of the sport.

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
Consider this: Top fueler class for convicted dopers. We can call it UCI PRO CYCLING PLUS CATAGORY.
They can race the same races as clean riders with a time handicap to the clean riders.
They however recieve no prizes or placings in the mixed races.
But they can also race the top fueler races among their catagory. For cash and glory and with the consequences of chemical/blood enhancement.

Reverse evolution.

People new to cycling forget this is exactly how it was up until the early 90's. Professional and amateur with worlds for each and separate races.

As amateurs we knew that the pro's doped but if you had to dope to turn pro you would be a **** pro. It worked well until the UCI wanted a piece of the pie and messed it up blurring the line.

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Steampunk said:
I think the original comment was responding to the idea of the father facilitating and encouraging his son's cheating in addition to endorsing his doing long-term harm to his body. I don't think it was a character indictment of all cycling, .

flicker said:
I am so sorry all I can say is if that is how it is I do not want my kids participating in CYCLING.

If he wasn't talking about all cycling he would know there are clean cyclist and wouldn't have to state he doesnt want his kids participating in cycling.

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I know adults have to step in when they feel something isn't safe for their children but do you think that if you got your children involved in cycling and they were ready to make the jump to Cat 3 and you stopped them that they would understand?

Also its not like Cat 3+ riders shun everyone below them? I have friends and even family members in cat 4 and below. Does that make them immune to the influence of Cat 3+ riders? No, as humans we are curious and continuously push ourselves. We are constantly trying to improve and move up categories in cycling. Why race Cat 4 if you have no intentions of winning. In that case stick to Cat 5 or better yet stay with the Sunday cyclists.

Raise your children with good morals, teach them right from wrong and I don't think you will have a problem. Remember your childrens lives arn't your own.

TRENDING THREADS