• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Any dope links on Noval, Hernandez and Navarro?

As Riis has now, officially, signed these three Contador helpers to Saxo for next year, I'm just wondering what the lowdown is on these guys...

Is there anything tangible linking them to doping like Puerto or doctors?
Or do they look like members of a "clean, new generation"?

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Noval was on the 2004 US Postal Team along with Lance Armstrong, George Hincapie, Beltran and Floyd Landis.

So, if you happen to trust Landis it is hard to imagine that Noval isn't juiced.

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Squares said:
Noval was on the 2004 US Postal Team along with Lance Armstrong, George Hincapie, Beltran and Floyd Landis.

So, if you happen to trust Landis it is hard to imagine that Noval isn't juiced.

And it is noticeable that he is worse now than he was back then so make of that what you will.

LKing25 said:
And it is noticeable that he is worse now than he was back then so make of that what you will.
And he was worse at US Postal than when he was in Relax. Honestly, it's hard to judge the performance of someone who goes to virtually all races he does as a domestique for the flat kilometers. Only the DS and his teammates know how good (or bad) a job he's been doing.

Anyway, he was in the Tour squad during all his years at US Postal/Discovery, so that says something.

JPM London said:
As Riis has now, officially, signed these three Contador helpers to Saxo for next year, I'm just wondering what the lowdown is on these guys...

Is there anything tangible linking them to doping like Puerto or doctors?
Or do they look like members of a "clean, new generation"?

Well, they're professional cyclists. If that's not enough for you, I don't have anything more specific.

roundabout said:
pepe the trainer worked with hernandez

and is supposed to have been implicated by Landis. I am sure that Pepe is much more important to Dertie's success than Navarro and Hernandez.

Navarro was at LSW under Saiz along with Dertie as was Hernandez.

Now, of course they may have been the three good apples in a very rotten barrel, or not.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
skidmark said:
Well, they're professional cyclists. If that's not enough for you, I don't have anything more specific.

That is good enough for everyone who applies this revolutionary new thinking technique called "logic" to their analysis..But logic is not very common around these forums...

TRENDING THREADS