• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anyone have comments on Shimano shoes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
LBS is having quite a sale on some Shimano (R132) road shoes. I tried a few pairs on and the fit felt pretty good.

I'm currently riding Sidi Zephyrs and love the fit but find they don't ventilate that well in hot weather. Maybe the higher end Sidis are better?

The soles seemed stiffer than my Sidis and I liked the fact that it's ventilated. These ratchet (sidis are velcro only) though the Sidi velcro straps felt of a higher quality.

Anyone have any experience with Shimano shoes?

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The R132s are a great value, good solid shoes. Nice stiff carbon sole for a relatively low price. If they fit you, I can highly recommend them.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been on the R215E for a few years now. I like the extra width this version provides. They just seem to feel to better and better to me over time. I hardly baby these things—I love to ride in the rain (when it's warm)—but these shoes have always held up exceptionally well. Thousands of miles without an issue.

22331.jpg

Does anyone have the custom molded version?

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:
I've been on the R215E for a few years now. I like the extra width this version provides. They just seem to feel to better and better to me over time. I hardly baby these things—I love to ride in the rain (when it's warm)—but these shoes have always held up exceptionally well. Thousands of miles without an issue.

22331.jpg

Does anyone have the custom molded version?

I've had the custom molded mtb shoes for three years. Best shoe I've ever owned--road or mtb. Since I got them, I've been through several pairs of the top end LG shoes, which are good, but not nearly as durable. Shimano makes a very good quality shoe. The custom molded option makes for a very good fit.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Shimano 215's are probably the strongest shoes on the market and will last years. That is good for you so probably why shimano have stoped making them the new ones are no where near as good.