• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anyone In Paris For The Final Tour Weekend

A

Anonymous

Anyone else in Paris for the final weekend of the tour.? We are as ever, taking up our usual place at the top of the Champs Elyees just at the turn, and spending the rest of the week wandering our usual haunts.

Generally we just watch the stage highlights in the evening, but this year with ventoux on the saturday we shall be sat in the pub for a fair few hours enjoying it on the big screen..

So if anyone fancies a pint you will find us in a small bar between blanche and pigalle metro stations. Only a small place, and of course pigalle is wonderfully seedy (but safe), but its comfy inside, few nice comfy chairs and the guy always puts the cycling for us on the big screen.. (and kronenbourg is only 2e50, the cheapest weve found)

google earth:
48°52'59.34"N
2°20'6.65"E
google maps:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s....33582&spn=0.001951,0.004624&t=h&z=18&iwloc=A

52 boulevard de clichy
between blance and pigalle on the metro (NO 2 LINE)

10h15hd.png

124ac7b.png

we might scout around for somewhere bigger or more central on the friday, but weve always watched the cycling there if it was stage we wanted to see live, and always been comfy (and slightly drunk).. amazingly not many bars in paris bother showing the tour de france..

You already know that I will be there, if plans change from you current place i'll give you my number by pm so you can get in touch. I'm looking forward to seeing Brad maybe confirm a podium place this year which would be a huge shock to me but not all that surprising after talking to one of his team-mates in Monte Carlo at the beginning of the Tour.

A

Anonymous

we will be there, think we are shopping in pigalle in the morning then hitting the pub..

A

Anonymous

we're off... (well in 20 minutes)

See ya in paris dave.. if you get there first, mines a pint

(how was it i managed to get married 3 days AFTER the finish of the tour.. paris every year we both get cycling, she gets some mushy crap to do with anniversarys.. )

A

Anonymous

why would an aussie want to be there... nothing to shout about..

the brits can throw back at them the banter we have had for the last few years...

just abuot to leave england now.. the chunnel approaches..

A

Anonymous

I drank orange juice. :) being good this holiday. On the champs now, if you see a huge flagpole with two union jacks on it just on the turn that be us. Bigbluedave directly opposite next to the bruno poster :) happy spotting.

Now now Dim, you are forgetting the most important part of the "Bruno" poster with the Policeman's position, it certainly got a laugh or two on my side of the non-Mexican wave starters. I also took a shot of said policeman's mug shot which I will upload during the week.

TRENDING THREADS