• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anyone off to watch any of the tour?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm staying in luchon for the finish and start and am also able to go to tourmalet finish, then driving up to bordeaux for sprint finish and time trial am really excited! Anyone else going at all? I presume a few of the Dutch will be going to Rotterdam?

A

Anonymous

Just paris for the finale, and a pub afternoon on the saturday watching the TT

Any brits doing the tourmalet there is a plan underway for a british section on the climb (with possible sky tv involvement). You can email me directand I will forward the email onto rusty who is doing the organising

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Just paris for the finale, and a pub afternoon on the saturday watching the TT

Any brits doing the tourmalet there is a plan underway for a british section on the climb (with possible sky tv involvement). You can email me directand I will forward the email onto rusty who is doing the organising

I might hold you to that for the tourmalet! Give me a couple of days and I'll get an email sorted

I live like 15 minutes from Rotterdam so I was realllly looking forward to the prologue in Rotterdam. Then I bought tickets for Rock Werchter festival and about 2 weeks ago I figured out that Rock Werchter was at the same time as the TdF start in Rotterdam.
Nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooo :(

Really dissapointed as I also missed the Giro in Holland since I was on holiday in Spain....

The posters only just went up this week in Brussels. Can't believe the build-up hasn't been bigger. "Muted" is not a big enough word. :(

Anyway, my own planning is a catastrophe. I'll be on holiday when the Tour's here in Brussels and then I'll be back home by the time the Tour passes right through my holiday location. :rolleyes:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Yep..flying out tomorrow...first to the Dutch Championships then to Rotterdam. Can't wait. Visiting friends, doing a little sight seeing, watching some racing, oh and drinking some beer!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
tgsgirl said:
I may go watch in Brussels. Not sure if it's worth it though.

I'm gonna go see those stages in Brussels. Granted, it probably won't be that exiting but it's gonna be really big as always. Brussels is a great city and I haven't been to a stage since the Strasbourg prologue, so I'm really exited!

Gonna buy a t-shirt, collect some nice gadgets from the caravane publicitaire, see 1 minute of racing, then have a couple leffe brunes in the evening at the Bourse. It'll be great.

Here is the official site for the Brussels-stages:

http://www.brusselsinternational.be/wabxlint/fr/18641/tour-de-france-bruxelles.act

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Will follow the last week if all goes well...dealing with a leg injury which will cause me to leave the bike at home and just watch...Will violate doctor's orders and travel if need be! I have never seen it in person...so excited! Have only watched the 4th GT in person...so not much to compare it to...wish my French was better...

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
I'm gonna go see those stages in Brussels. Granted, it probably won't be that exiting but it's gonna be really big as always. Brussels is a great city and I haven't been to a stage since the Strasbourg prologue, so I'm really exited!

Yeah, I'm there nearly every day :) I've seen enough sprinty GT stages by now to know that I'm usually left fairly disappointed. The time trials and prologues, that's where the real fun's at! Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps I'll hop a train to Rotterdam...

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Ibanez said:
Yes I'm staying in Bourg d'osians for a week and watching the stage that goes over the Madeleine. Should be great.

Very jealous, was in Bourg d'Oisans for the Alpe d'Huez stage in 2006 and the whole area's beautiful.

Going to be in Rotterdam for the prologue and staying on for a couple of days afterwards. Any tips on stuff to do round there?

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Lyds97 said:
Very jealous, was in Bourg d'Oisans for the Alpe d'Huez stage in 2006 and the whole area's beautiful.

Going to be in Rotterdam for the prologue and staying on for a couple of days afterwards. Any tips on stuff to do round there?

i would advice you on who to do and how not to pay too much for it but i guess the mods around here would not appreciate that, they're not into that scene i'm afraid

TRENDING THREADS