• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Appropriate racing singles

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I've gone and sold my soul to the devil and acquired a set of Zipp 404 tubulars..

Now...what tyres should I fit to them?

They will be used exclusively for racing, but most of the races here are conducted on bumpy coarse-chip roads. Unfortunately, we don't have a road gang coming through to lay fresh new hotmix a few weeks before we race! :D

Therefore, some level of puncture resistance is important, as well as low rolling resistance and good cornering grip.

Given that, any particular suggestions?

rgmerk said:
I've gone and sold my soul to the devil and acquired a set of Zipp 404 tubulars..

Now...what tyres should I fit to them?

They will be used exclusively for racing, but most of the races here are conducted on bumpy coarse-chip roads. Unfortunately, we don't have a road gang coming through to lay fresh new hotmix a few weeks before we race! :D

Therefore, some level of puncture resistance is important, as well as low rolling resistance and good cornering grip.

Given that, any particular suggestions?

Conti Sprinter. Best combo of tubular ride and durability. Great tires.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
I second Bustedknuckle's Conti Sprinter recommendation and add a couple more that I've used on your same exact wheel set.

Vittoria Pave Evo-CG
A. Dugast Paris Roubaix cotton

Both are double the money of the Conti's, but the 1st choice of the pros when the pavement is less than ideal. The difference in grip compared to the Conti's is a world apart, if you're willing to drop the loot.

TRENDING THREADS