• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

April 29th, Tour de Romandie - Stage 3: Thierrens - Neuchatel, 165.7 km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
hrotha said:
I'm quite surprised to read that about Wiggins all of sudden. Things must have gone rather badly if his DS's feel the need to go public about it. It's not even ambiguous statements, hell, he went out of his way to point out this isn't the first time; those comments are very damning.
Got a link?

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
He came 3rd in PN. That is a very good result, even if the course was a bit crap

Also this is a guy who strongly believes that the Tour is absolutely everything

On a team with a guy Henderson, who is on record saying Paris Nice is bigger than il Giro and la Vuelta.

Well see at the tdf how good he is.

But Wiggo should please come to the Tour with having some substance left to use. :D
That was frightening to see him going into the Tour like this.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
actually the vino/cherel sprint reminded me of the Gesink/Evans sprint in the Vuelta 2009

And also Dekker/Anton in Romandie 07

You mean the one where Evans went spastic and tore into Gesink after crossing the line, all because the barriers weren't sent up evenly? Yeah, those were the days.:p

auscyclefan94 said:
Well, I guess it will all come down to the tt.

profile-4.jpg

Is that final bit all uphill?

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Did someone hack into your account.

Because that is real irony.

The guy who spent his first month on the forum quoting every post he sees and adding "thats what she said" despite the fact that 99% of the time it was a non sequitor that made absolutely no sence, complains that someone else is "overdoing it"

At least Parrulos images are different every time whereas "thats what she said" is always the same.

And however unfunny you find Parrulos images, they are far more enjoyable to look at then the "Rujano farting" cd cover you felt a need not only to make, but also repost, but which most 5 year olds would struggle to giggle at.

The Hitch on attack mode! :cool:

Vino is god! just that...
I can see Vino taking 2 or 3 stages in Le Tour...

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
The Hitch on attack mode! :cool:

Vino is god! just that...
I can see Vino taking 2 or 3 stages in Le Tour...

Pretty lame attack at that, with a few inaccuracies. Not hugely appreciated by yours truly. But heck, it's The amazing Hitch, right?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
The offical map is a bit misleading amd wrong,. Just look how the lines and the heights are not corect to each other. Here's a accurate profile

bougy.jpg
I might use this profile and the official one for the tt thread.
cineteq said:
If it does, then that should hint a longer break before TdF.

I think that is a possibility.

I am kind of disappointed by the lack of passionate debate about vino's move towards the barriers in today's finish. yeah, it was no big deal but cant people make a big stink anyways?

Oh well, the stage was fun to watch and Im getting super psyched for the giro even though this race doesnt feel (to me) like much of a prelude to the GT the way it usually does.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
boomcie said:
Pretty lame attack at that, with a few inaccuracies. Not hugely appreciated by yours truly. But heck, it's The amazing Hitch, right?

Lame attack? He went full artillery tho... hahahahahaha :D
Hitch is like Libertine or Angliru... when they are in attack mode they put the whole artillery to work hahaha

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Looks like a good punchy TT course for Cadel especially with that finish. Not sure why he is not the clear favourite. Will be interesting to see what Vino can pull out though - I would not like to be between him and the win (let alone the barrier - but poetic justice for Cherel after the previous stage).

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
Lame attack? He went full artillery tho... hahahahahaha :D

Don't see how full artillery is a good thing. It was uncalled for and totally out of line. Also the guy reeks of pretentiousness.

Hitch is like Libertine or Angliru... when they are in attack mode they put the whole artillery to work hahaha

Don't offend them.

TRENDING THREADS