• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

April 29th, Tour de Romandie - Stage 3: Thierrens - Neuchatel, 165.7 km

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
profile-3.jpg

Perhaps a small bunch sprint, one for Friere or Cardoso?

Top 10 GC after Stage 2:
1 Pavel Brutt (Rus) Katusha Team 8:43:39
2 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre - ISD 0:00:38
3 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:00:42
4 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) Pro Team Astana
5 Gorka Verdugo Marcotegui (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi 0:00:46
6 Steve Morabito (Swi) BMC Racing Team 0:00:50
7 Beñat Intxausti Elorriaga (Spa) Movistar Team 0:00:51
8 Oliver Zaugg (Swi) Leopard Trek
9 Pieter Weening (Ned) Rabobank Cycling Team
10 Thomas Rohregger (Aut) Leopard Trek 0:00:52

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Small bunch sprint. They won't ride the Cat 1 hard.

I see HTC keeping the break within 3 minutes at the start of the climb, then riding tempo to ensure Renshaw and Howard get over the top. Then one of them will win from a small group.

The sprinters will be ****ed if they don't have one stage where they can go for a win.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
Small bunch sprint. They won't ride the Cat 1 hard.

I see HTC keeping the break within 3 minutes at the start of the climb, then riding tempo to ensure Renshaw and Howard get over the top. Then one of them will win from a small group.

The sprinters will be ****ed if they don't have one stage where they can go for a win.

meh I can't see the sprinters holding on, maybe getting abck on after the climb, but htc would have to go pretty slow tempo to keep their sprinters there.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Movistar have a good shot at getting someone away from a smallish bunch at the end, should have plenty of cards to play in the final.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Elminutobueno said:
Hope so, but that will be a surprise.

I'm guessing you're Portuguese. Parrulo is also Portuguese (he just likes Belgium a lot, hence the Belgian flag as his avatar and the Belgian anthem in his signature). He does not think Rui Costa will take this; he's just hoping it. He will not.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Be aware of the earlier finish times for todays stage

Stage 3 start time: Friday 11:15 CET (7:15:00 PM UTC+1000);
Earliest live video: 13:55 CET (9:55:00 PM UTC+1000);
Approximate finish: 15:01 CET (11:01:00 PM UTC+1000);

boomcie said:
I'm guessing you're Portuguese. Parrulo is also Portuguese (he just likes Belgium a lot, hence the Belgian flag as his avatar and the Belgian anthem in his signature). He does not think Rui Costa will take this; he's just hoping it. He will not.

you are wrong!!! i don't think he will. . . i know he will!!!!! :p

TRENDING THREADS