• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Are my threads out of line?

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
This is a cycling forum. We have one section here for other topics, and it contains one thread on US politics. That is enough.

Also please remember that many users are not from the US, and that US politics is not of major interest to many people from outside the US.

Susan

and they have the right not to respond.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
If I had a problem with your threads I would post or PM and tell you so. But I sure don't visit the cafe section to discuss you or your threads.

EDIT: surely you can see why they shut down your political hijack.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
True. And they have the right to a forum not filled with unnecessary threads.

Thank you for your understanding.

Susan

The idiots on this forum, now with the cafe people talk more about politics than actual cycling on a cycling based forum!!!!

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
i also have to question the moderating of one of my posts earlier today, i said i'd ran something by my bítch and susan edits it cause she thinks it is sexist? :confused:

the girlfriend likes it when i call her that. and it's not like i would call my wife a bítch, common sense innit

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
workingclasshero said:
i also have to question the moderating of one of my posts earlier today, i said i'd ran something by my bítch and susan edits it cause she thinks it is sexist? :confused:

the girlfriend likes it when i call her that. and it's not like i would call my wife a bítch, common sense innit

Supposably bitch is seen as a derogortory word to women. though i understand why you call her a bitch as you and her probably see it as your way of showing love and getting a bit naughty with her.:D

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Wow I am confused, but from what I can guess from the limited content. It is better to leave this one alone. I try to read most threads to get an idea of what other cycling fans are thinking.:)

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
L29205 said:
Wow I am confused, but from what I can guess from the limited content. It is better to leave this one alone. I try to read most threads to get an idea of what other cycling fans are thinking.:)

What I can see is one user decided to fill the entire front page of this sub-forum with random threads, who then complained when he got told off.

Was going to have a go at WorkingClassHero's use of B1tch, but having read the original post and seeing it was a humourous come-back to a rather personal attack I think he should have been left to use it.

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
RightWingNutJob said:
and they have the right not to respond.

Dude, wake up, there are numerous - very numerous- offhand left wing screeds interjected in the majority of cycling oriented threads that the moderators and fellow forum-ites have ZERO problem with. They are all of like mind so the commentary just goes unnoticed - UNLESS the very few people who don't share their unquestioned zealotry have a problem. And when they do voice their disagreements, they are shouted down with hate filled invective and personal attacks, that the mods ALSO have zero problem with.

If you come barging in here with anything that questions the herd-like left wing mentality of the zealots, you will be treated completely differently.

It's a massive double standard that is part of cycling. They don't want to hear anything that makes them challenge their views, and if they do, YOU will be the bad guy.

Get used to it. Or leave.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I saw all the threads posted by RWNJ and didn't open any of them. I am an Australian living in Canada and get enough US politics in the newspapers I read and the local TV news. I personally think RWNJ went overboard in posting all of those threads, but he is also correct in that if we are not interested then we do not need to respond. But it could have all been avoided if RWNJ showed some constraint in the number of threads posted! ;)

Personally I think RWNJ was just going for the double all time forum record for both number of threads opened and closed in the shortest period of time. I think he achieved his goal and I salute him.
My all time favorite still has to be "Think before you start a lawnmower" in response to "Think before you start a new thread". I think that closed after 4 hours, but day before yesterday he hit 5 threads closed in the same time.
We are witnessing greatness.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
cheap wedding dresses,wedding dresses,wedding dress,simple wedding dresses,classy wedding dresses,beautiful wedding dresses,weddingdress
wedding dresses
cheap wedding dresses
Evening dresses
With more 1000 Designer dresses,we supply Evening Dresses,Custom Dresses,formal gowns,cocktail dresses with wholesale price
prom dresses
Dresses, evening, cocktail, prom dresses, formal gowns from dresseslife. Homecoming dresses and bridesmaid
Graduation Dresses

TRENDING THREADS