• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Are these heavy road disc bikes inspiring some riders to increase the dosage?

I got a brand new SL7 S-Works and literally the first 10 seconds riding away from the shop I thought 'man...this is a flexy POS...'

I gave it to Natasha who is 178cm and 56kg and didnt tell her my opinion. She rode it down the street then circled back and said 'I dont like it, why does it feel so soft?'

Turns out the pros get a different frame and fork lay up.

That said all the extra spokes and rotors make these new road disc bikes feel so sluggish. Surely that would inspire one to. up the dosage. I mean it would for me.

Thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: jmdirt
I got a brand new SL7 S-Works and literally the first 10 seconds riding away from the shop I thought 'man...this is a flexy POS...'

I gave it to Natasha who is 178cm and 56kg and didnt tell her my opinion. She rode it down the street then circled back and said 'I dont like it, why does it feel so soft?'

Turns out the pros get a different frame and fork lay up.

That said all the extra spokes and rotors make these new road disc bikes feel so sluggish. Surely that would inspire one to. up the dosage. I mean it would for me.

Thoughts?
Which irritates you more, disc brakes or black cyclists being featured in cycling advertisements?

For context, DR was whining about "virtue signaling" on his YouTube channel due to a bike company featuring a black cyclist in their advertisement. When a commenter pointed out that the company had expressed no political ideology whatsoever, he replied "since when did X company feature boys from the hood?"

Of course, he has no knowledge of the cyclist in question socioeconomic background...

For context, DR was whining about "virtue signaling" on his YouTube channel due to a bike company featuring a black cyclist in their advertisement. When a commenter pointed out that the company had expressed no political ideology whatsoever, he replied "since when did X company feature boys from the hood?"

Of course, he has no knowledge of the cyclist in question socioeconomic background...

I'm guessing the bike company wasn't Cube bikes...

TRENDING THREADS