• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Are You Triyng To Tell Me

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That if Andy Schleck regains the yellow jersey he's gonna show up at the TT and give up minutes?? Cyclists you know what i'm on about. On a good day ye can do anything. Where has this 'he's gonna lose mintues' theroy come from????

It comes from the simple fact that Andy is not even close to as good a time trialer as Contador. Even then, most people here have kept their estimates fairly low to allow for that yellow jersey effect you hint at. Say, 2 minutes tops, possibly closer to 1:30. Still lots of time Schleck hasn't shown he can gain.

A

Anonymous

boardhanger said:
Andy Schleck is a pro rider who would hold his own in a TT if it meant holding yellow. Fact.

+1

No way Andy gives up more than a few seconds to Bertie.

Winning the Lux National TT c'ships has really changed things for Andy. Just look at his improvement in the prologue a few short weeks ago.

If I'm Bertie, I'm trying to figure out what to do....

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
Simple, wait for Schleck to drop his chain again. :p

Hehe!,It wont happen though.Today is a rest day,guess what Andy is doin!

Next time he drops the chain he will be up and moving in seconds.Bjarne is tough and will make sure that Andy does not get any sleep until he knows how to deal with the problem..:D

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
what about fignon. He was in the yellow jersey. Last it in the final tt though. There was no "on a good day ye can do anything" magic for him. No. The reality was lemond was the better tter.

Wind tunnel has proven his pony tail cost him 8second in aerodynamics. He also used no aero bars unlike Lemond. Better TTer?. No. Smarter. Yes. It was a clash of old school and modern cycling. Que jodida !

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Willy_Voet said:
I think the OP was talking about 'being professional'. These days folks don't lose yellow jerseys in final TTs. They do what it takes.

As I quoted earlier Bjarne will be bringing the CERA up to room temperture as we speak...........

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:
Berto already knows all this. He might be the superior TTler by far, but he attacked Shrek's mechanical out of fear.

must've been outta fear that he apologized too. you don't want to head into a summer vacation together with a spat.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm with Moose... is this serious???

In all his career he has lost time in TT... now you can't expect that Andy is not going to lose time in the TT just cuz he is a "Pro rider"... is like I've never been good in math and now just cuz I have a yellow jersey or I'm "PRO" I will be Einstein... come on guys... be serious... you can't be such a fanboy...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Er.....

2010 TdF Prologue, 8.9 km, 18 days ago. Time differential - 36 seconds.

So much for Schlecklets TT ability.....

Final ITT - 52 kms.

Anybody care to speculate on Saturday's time differential?

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
I'm with Moose... is this serious???

In all his career he has lost time in TT... now you can't expect that Andy is not going to lose time in the TT just cuz he is a "Pro rider"... is like I've never been good in math and now just cuz I have a yellow jersey or I'm "PRO" I will be Einstein... come on guys... be serious... you can't be such a fanboy...

You make Contador out to be Indurain..........:confused:

May 20, 2010
Visit site
LugHugger said:
Er.....

2010 TdF Prologue, 8.9 km, 18 days ago. Time differential - 36 seconds.

So much for Schlecklets TT ability.....

Final ITT - 52 kms.

Anybody care to speculate on Saturday's time differential?

+1:57 in Contador's favor

TRENDING THREADS