• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong admits doping (essentially)?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Roland Rat said:
Embarrassing.

ACF, I think you should come and apologise on Australia's behalf for taking away 30 seconds of my life.

It the same as writing an article about Tiger Woods labelling him "a loving father and husband".

Although the entire article looks like it was handed straight to the SMH from the Armstrong press brigade.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
technically, he was a loving father and husband. They just failed to clarify who he was loving and the harem of hookers Tiger was diddling. ;)

The parallels with StrongArm are manifest.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
Anyone see these words of Armstrong as essentially admitting to the doping now?

No, not really any different than things he had said on many occasions; and those words are really no longer relevant anymore.

I would hope he apologises to Betsy, Franky, Kimmage, Walsh, etc. and then provides full details of his practices to help fight doping, but his lame words in the OP weren't an admission of doping in my view.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
Anyone see these words of Armstrong as essentially admitting to the doping now?

Looks like the "crystal ball" you we're looking into a year ago was fairly translucent.

Reading the old posts from skippy and skidmark were so off-base, but now are just laughable.

peterst6906 said:
No, not really any different than things he had said on many occasions;
Do you think he could have been referring to anything other than doping in this statement?
"It would be a mistake for me to think back on the stuff that I did on the bike when I have things in front of me that are much bigger than that."

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
Do you think he could have been referring to anything other than doping in this statement?
"It would be a mistake for me to think back on the stuff that I did on the bike when I have things in front of me that are much bigger than that."

Yeah sure, plenty of other things.

Most likely just the success (at that point) he had had on the bike.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:

By.things I think means a bunch of lawsuits and a criminal trial.

Ninety5rpm said:

Wonderboy is/was mocking his misguided fans like many doped athletes before and since. Acknowledge it and make some noise about the conspicuous absence of criminal charges.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:

"It would be a mistake for me to think back on the stuff that I did in the bus when I have things in front of me that are much bigger than that."

There, fixed. Now it makes more sense.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
ARMSTRONG HASNT ADMITTED ANYTHING AND NEVER WILL!!! CUZ THERE AINT NOTHING TO ADMIT. THE "cheese eating surrender monkies" BEEN JELLY OF THE BRASH AMERICAN SENCE HIS FIRST WIN AND BEEN OUT TO GET HIM EVERY SINCE. IT HAS TAKEN MORE THAN 10 YEARS TO FABRACATE ENOUGH CONJECHURE, NOT ACTUAL EVIDENCE, MIND YOU, TO THE THE CRAVEN usada TO COME UP WITH A "reasoned" DECISION THAT EVEN THAT DEMOCRAT HACK nowitzky COULNT MAKE A CASE OUT OF.

this would never of happened if McCAIN was elected in 2008. you can expect that now ROMNEY had the election stolen from him with every dirty, chicago-style trick in the book for this which hunt to continue. but the truth will LIVESTRONG!

help me make a wikipedia page to expose all of the lies.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
gregod said:
...the truth will LIVESTRONG!

The rest of your post was rubbish, but this is the most pure truth there is.

Unfortunately for you, the truth is currently living strong and the cat can't go back in the bag now. Your hero is a fraud.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
gregod said:
some load of red neck man love

Hehe...this could be good.

How about you give me the facts then. Let's start with George Hincapie. What's your thoughts on his statement?

PS. Funny thing about reason is it is usually a good explanation of the facts.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
gregod said:
easy. bribed, extorted, coerced, pick one or any combo.

Them's good facts then?

Even better than red neck man love, a conspiracy theorist.

How about, he was just telling the truth, or do you have some proof he was bribed, extorted or coerced.

Just one bit of factual evidence of any of that?

Maybe you should lay off the alcohol or the Kool aid for a while. It seems to have played with your senses.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
you dont have proof he wasnt lieing. just his lies, piled on others lies. ARMSTRONG has proof-never a failed test in more than 500 hunnerd tries. sources tell me hes fixing to announce the biggest lawsuit ever and hes gonna be laughing all the way to the bank. this could be worth billions and he'll give it all to LIVESTRONG!

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
gregod said:
why do you love cancer?!

Nope, no love for Lance here. The cancer has been removed and while I didn't do all that much in the fight, some on here did and they should be applauded.

Anyway, I was wrong. This isn't really much fun at all, so I'll leave you here to continue your keyboard masturbation on your own.