• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong back at the Tour !!!!

I see that Mr Ultra-ego is coming back to the Tour de France and will be at the rest day in Grenoble.

Lets hope he gets the same reception as Contador at the team presentations.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
orbeas said:
I see that Mr Ultra-ego is coming back to the Tour de France and will be at the rest day in Grenoble.

Lets hope he gets the same reception as Contador at the team presentations.
Fat chance.

I really, *really* wish he'd just feck off. :mad:

May 7, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
this "sudden" visit to France can only have the purpose of "intimidation" & cross communication with the Hog & specially to "breath on the neck" of Mr. Hincapie.........

Or anyone else involved in the case, perhaps,
Just to show them that they are never beyond his reach?

May 5, 2009
Visit site
while I don't like to see cheatstrong back at the Tour as guest or rider or whatever, the misleading sensation-seeking thread title gets a 1 out of 10. :p

A

Anonymous

Title should have read "The Cancer returns to the Tour!!!!"

Mr. O'Clock

BANNED
Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Armstrong supporting his teamates.

I am curious as to why anyone would find it strange that Lance, the individual who won Le Tour 7 times, a former Radioshackcycling teamate, ex-World Cycling Champion, businessman, sports fan and indivedual who has been an intermediary between cycling sponsors and active rider? Just sayin.

hfer07 said:
this "sudden" visit to France can only have the purpose of "intimidation" & cross communication with the Hog & specially to "breath on the neck" of Mr. Hincapie.........[/quote]

I can totally see this subtle reminder of intimidation...and may be the best access to Hog...
..remember he still has to fan the flames of his followers to a crescendo...he does not like being out of the spotlight and adoration.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Title should have read "The Cancer returns to the Tour!!!!"

He's playing in the Richard Virenque Cancer Charity Golf classic. He'll have to be on his game as they are allowing him to play with only one ball....

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Mr. O'Clock said:
I am curious as to why anyone would find it strange that Lance, the individual who won Le Tour 7 times, a former Radioshackcycling teamate, ex-World Cycling Champion, businessman, sports fan and indivedual who has been an intermediary between cycling sponsors and active rider? Just sayin.

Considering the Tour completely omitted reference to him the year after his retirement and referred to his period of wins as "the past" he wouldn't seem to be an intermediary. What changed? He tried to buy ASO and succeeded in co-opting the UCI. The fans know he's a farce.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Greg LeMond has made a habit of going to the Tour the last several years at least. Usually ends up giving interviews to the French Papers, anti-doping of course. Last year he wrote the Blog for CyclingNews while over in France too.

Have not heard a peep from Greg this year.

And this year is the 25th Anniversary of the famous Hinault/LeMond Alpe d'Huez stage.
Classic Stage.
I was hoping Greg and Bernard would both be on the Podium at this years Alpe d'Huez stage finish to present the jersey etc.
Hold hands again maybe!
Would be cool, hope it happens...

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mr. O'Clock said:

did you just take your head of the sand today after a year?

Mr. O'Clock

BANNED
Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Polish said:
Greg LeMond has made a habit of going to the Tour the last several years at least. Usually ends up giving interviews to the French Papers, anti-doping of course. Last year he wrote the Blog for CyclingNews while over in France too.

Have not heard a peep from Greg this year.

And this year is the 25th Anniversary of the famous Hinault/LeMond Alpe d'Huez stage.
Classic Stage.
I was hoping Greg and Bernard would both be on the Podium at this years Alpe d'Huez stage finish to present the jersey etc.
Hold hands again maybe!
Would be cool, hope it happens...
I

think the podium is a little small for anyone but Badger. I have seen Badger throw people off stage. Could be an unsafe place for Greg, Thevenet, Or the cannibal. definitely Badger would chew up Lancey poo.

throw people off the podium. no doubt it would be dangerous for Greg, Lance, Eddy M. Or even Thevenet to come close to an awards ceremony the Badger is running.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Mr. O'Clock said:
Very true

Oldman said:
He's playing in the Richard Virenque Cancer Charity Golf classic. He'll have to be on his game as they are allowing him to play with only one ball....
Lol

Oldman said:
Considering the Tour completely omitted reference to him the year after his retirement and referred to his period of wins as "the past" he wouldn't seem to be an intermediary. What changed? He tried to buy ASO and succeeded in co-opting the UCI. The fans know he's a farce.
Actually theres alot of dense club racers out there who still believe he's totally innocent and so is the rest of the peleton.

Mellow Velo said:
Grenoble? That's in easy commuter distance of Lyon.:D
et alors?

craig1985 said:
I'm amazed that this is even thread worthy.
Whys that?

Libertine Seguros said:
I trust you're thinking of the city's link to a popular indie band sometimes criticised for sounding too similar to Joy Division?
What band is that?

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
The Return of Cycling's most...

Aggressive form of cancer....

How's this guy even allowed in the country?

I like the French, but come on, save the red carpet for the Cannes Film Festival, and not the Pharmstrong Annual shareholder's love-in....

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Mont Ventoux said:
Aggressive form of cancer....

How's this guy even allowed in the country?

I like the French, but come on, save the red carpet for the Cannes Film Festival, and not the Pharmstrong Annual shareholder's love-in....
What do you expect Nicolas Sarkozy to stop him at the airport or something?

TRENDING THREADS