• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong back at the Tour !!!!

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Good question...

online-rider said:
What do you expect Nicolas Sarkozy to stop him at the airport or something?

But I was kinda hoping that maybe the same guy who close-lined Sarkozy would do a better job on Lance....I'm truly baffled that no one in France has ever righted the 7 time wrong....

i can't believe that after 3 pages no one see's the significance of you-know-who arriving in france in his private plane on the second rest day of the tour. think people... possible he's bringing a special delivery? a care package from back home to boost morale? is this thing on? ;)

edit: oops, sorry, thought i was posting this in another section of the forum.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Mr. O'Clock said:
I

think the podium is a little small for anyone but Badger. I have seen Badger throw people off stage. Could be an unsafe place for Greg, Thevenet, Or the cannibal. definitely Badger would chew up Lancey poo.

throw people off the podium. no doubt it would be dangerous for Greg, Lance, Eddy M. Or even Thevenet to come close to an awards ceremony the Badger is running.

the badger is nothing but an A$$ puppet for Le Tour now. Like a greeter at cost co checking id's

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
LA must have had a change of heart since 2 July 2011 as reported by Aspen Times on his preferred whereabouts on a scale of 1 - 10

Proud not to be at Tour de France

As the Tour de France got under way Saturday, racing legend Lance Armstrong said he was happy not to be taking part.

Armstrong, a panelist at the Aspen Ideas Festival on Saturday, introduced himself as a person “proud to be a part-time Aspen resident, proud to be a cancer survivor, proud to be a father of five. The Tour de France started today, which I'm also proud I'm not there as well.”

Armstrong won a record seven consecutive Tours before retiring in 2005. He returned to competitive road racing in 2009 and finished third in the Tour de France. Last year, he finished 23rd in the Tour and retired again. He is now embroiled in disputes over whether he illegally used performance-enhancing drugs. He is steadfastly fighting claims of doping.

Armstrong kept his references to cycling light at the Aspen Ideas Festival. “Somebody sent me a message this morning asking, ‘On a scale of 1 to 10, are you happy or sad you're not there [in France]?' I said it's an 11 that I'm not there.

“I wouldn't want to be anywhere else other than right here sitting with you all,” he said.

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
woodburn said:
We know he likes French restaurants. Maybe Cache Cache is looking to expand to Grenoble.

Or maybe he is adding Ms Jodie Larner of CacheCache to his security detail.

She looked after him in Aspen and she would be an asset in pre flight checking the Livestrong liveried jet that all instruments are functioning!

25429_440226599744_20245299744_5338567_6711994_n.jpg

Velodude said:
Proud not to be at Tour de France

As the Tour de France got under way Saturday, racing legend Lance Armstrong said he was happy not to be taking part.

Armstrong, a panelist at the Aspen Ideas Festival on Saturday, introduced himself as a person “proud to be a part-time Aspen resident, proud to be a cancer survivor, proud to be a father of five. The Tour de France started today, which I'm also proud I'm not there as well.”

Armstrong won a record seven consecutive Tours before retiring in 2005. He returned to competitive road racing in 2009 and finished third in the Tour de France. Last year, he finished 23rd in the Tour and retired again. He is now embroiled in disputes over whether he illegally used performance-enhancing drugs. He is steadfastly fighting claims of doping.

Armstrong kept his references to cycling light at the Aspen Ideas Festival. “Somebody sent me a message this morning asking, ‘On a scale of 1 to 10, are you happy or sad you're not there [in France]?' I said it's an 11 that I'm not there.

“I wouldn't want to be anywhere else other than right here sitting with you all,” he said.

what a buttkisser!

I do love this bit though "He is now embroiled in disputes over whether he illegally used performance-enhancing drugs" as if there's some way of using them legally :rolleyes:

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Moviefan1203 said:
He's the most celebrated Tour de France rider of all time, hopefully he motivates his team to do well.

Brajkovic crashed out, Levi fell off on his own.,owned by Garmin in the TTT - So their only chance of a stage gone in seconds. They might be leading the over 35's comp if it exists so well done to him and keep coming back.

TRENDING THREADS