• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong: Contador is "nervous"

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Tom Morris said:
It has nothing to do with phycological games.

You are right, it's simply LA's nature:). Nothing surprising here. Strange he had a lot of 'understanding' for those like Landis and Hammilton. He makes me vomit, he and his entire 'legend'.

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
tbulger said:
Stating that Contador is nervous in the context of this years Paris-Nice would seem to imply that he (Alberto) should have relied on his team more instead of being nervous and using up energy to gain so much time, and win stage 6?
To me it looked more like Alberto was the only one on Astana that had any capacity to ride this race.

Where was his team?

BTW -- "Narcissism describes the trait of excessive self-love, based on self-image or ego. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others."

If this does not describe Lordstrong then I'll eat my sweaty cycling cap

I wonder what the odds are to LA, getting a dose of his own medicine..??
I for one, can't wait to see the end of the media hype.

What happened to respect for other pro cyclists.
From a Narcissist... no chance.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ygames said:
TEAM MANAGEMENT WILL ALWAYS DO WHATS BEST FOR THE (Sponsor)
awww O_O hmmm the Sponsor ,,,you bone heads forgot the Sponsor!!!

THE SPONSOR SETS THE RULES FOR WHAT THE TEAM IS TO DO!
got it!!!! ,,,so your i'll Drama Quest with Lance and Alberto is all in
your head and in your case lack there of ,,,:p

GOT IT ? geezzz let it go

Well you obviously haven't got it.
To do what the SPONSOR want, neither of them would lead the team. It would means asking that nice Mr McQuaid, for a "get out of jail free" card for a certain Alexander Vinokourov.:rolleyes:

That's another bomb waiting to explode under the Astana team demographic.

Next up is Trek. Now I wonder who they want?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Whatever the reason - let them fight at team Astana.

Why ?:

1) Hey - i'ts fun !! One message on twitter and we all go crazy
2) A "weaker" Astana team, makes a better tour
3) It increases my boy Andy's chances in July (I hope...)

Seriously - team Astana is turning into a circus and basically I think this Johan's fault. He has to get the team together and put an end to this. They got so much talent on this team that anything but a GC win would be a disapointment.

F

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Sort of reminds one of how teammates like Landis must have felt... Contador will soon leave the team if Lance overtakes him for their key races...

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Johnny said:
I love this. So begins the more overt portion of Lance's psychological campaign against Contador. Of course Bert is nervous. Like him or not, Lance is a rare competitor with an amazing mind. He will wage war and win. Good times. I enjoy watching Contador climb, and though I am not fond of Lance off the bike, I prefer watching warriors on the bike. Bert is too nice...for now.
In addition, this may spur some commentary from alberto, which will put the Pedals In Anger buss on overdrive...

A

Anonymous

Funny, Lance also said that he was going to be 90% by the Giro....hmm, I wonder when he wants to be 100%? I am no fan of Contador, but I hope for the day when he drops Lance on a climb. Man, Contador should have known he was going to get a knife in the back, I sure did. Anything involving Lance is always about Lance.

A

Anonymous

Tom Morris said:
Armstrong and Bruyneel will dump his blood in into the toilet as he watches? Is that the Floyd treatment?

Yep, that's the one.

ygames

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Well you obviously haven't got it.
To do what the SPONSOR want, neither of them would lead the team. It would means asking that nice Mr McQuaid, for a "get out of jail free" card for a certain Alexander Vinokourov.:rolleyes:

That's another bomb waiting to explode under the Astana team demographic.

Next up is Trek. Now I wonder who they want?

Well you obviously haven't got it. ???

Nice Try Pal ...
going head to head with me is a bad move...
not only dont you have a cigar...you can't even find a match ; )

The SPONSOR'rrrr wants a WIN,,, as well as Trek

Armstrong has ownership interest in Trek ,,,Rememberrrrrrr!

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Armstrong is like that guy Ben Affleck plays in the film 'Mallrats', you just know he'd screw your girlfriend in someplace uncomfortable. Like the back of a Volkswagon. If I was Dirtie I'd keep my missus well away from him.

A

Anonymous

Henri Desgrange said:
Armstrong is like that guy Ben Affleck plays in the film 'Mallrats', you just know he'd screw your girlfriend in someplace uncomfortable. Like the back of a Volkswagon. If I was Dirtie I'd keep my missus well away from him.

I hear Tyler didn't.

ygames said:
Well you obviously haven't got it. ???
Nice Try Pal ...
going head to head with me is a bad move...
not only dont you have a cigar...you can't even find a match ; )

The SPONSOR'rrrr wants a WIN,,, as well as Trek

Armstrong has ownership interest in Trek ,,,Rememberrrrrrr!

You are a legend in your on mind and you know Chris Horner?
Wow, you are right. Better not mess with you.
I could never managed to so successfully contradict myself, in two consecutive posts.

zosocane said:
I was a big Lance fan -- until I read this garbage in L'Equipe. First, WHY IN THE WORLD is he speaking to L'Equipe after the headline "The Armstrong Lie" after he retired at the end of the 2005 TdF??? Smart, Lance. Really smart.

Second, WHY IN THE WORLD take a jab at your own teammate in the press??? His OWN TEAMMATE!!! :confused: Shut your mouth and keep it inside the team. But he can't help himself.

Come on, don't get so angry at Lance. Lance is a great cyclist and maybe he is trying to teach Alberto how do better next time, don't you think? I think so. Contador could use some advice. It's only for his own good. :D

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Armstrong versus Contador

Will Alberto drop Lance in the Tour?
Will Alberto's "nerves" cause a silly mistake in the Tour?
Will Bruyneel be enough of a leader to balance Past (Lance) with Future (Alberto)?

It was certainly nice to read 65 comments with only perhaps 3 mentioning doping.

Lance is being Lance, arrogant, leading, influencing, underdog comes good.

I can imagine it is very uncomfortable for Alberto, I hope he sees it through with Astana. If he can ride this storm and keep his identity he will truly be a great champion. Either way isn't this whole thing really interesting and a lot more fun than it has been for a while....

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
ALBERTOCONTADOR http://forum.cyclingnews.com/ Visit cycling news forum, a smart place to discuss and change information .
7:01 AM Mar 16th from web

I think this whole discussion is validated by Bert's comment on Twitter a couple of days ago.

More subtle than Lance - it's like go here and see what people really think is going on :)

As opposed to the brash Texan in your face style we love and hate :D

ygames

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
You are a legend in your on mind and you know Chris Horner?
Wow, you are right. Better not mess with you.
I could never managed to so successfully contradict myself, in two consecutive posts.

You are a legend in your on < (OWN) mind and you know Chris Horner?
Spell Check Next time my i'll Friend :p

Now as far as contradicting myself... i think not child, try again !

Legend ? hmmm you never know who you might be chatting with!!!

I do know chris and other riders from years of racing unlike you...

You need to learn the difference between a HASBEEN (me)!

....and a NEVERWAS (you) !

,,,so dont talk kid your not qualified to speak about Pro Riders.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Captain Kirk said:
ALBERTOCONTADOR http://forum.cyclingnews.com/ Visit cycling news forum, a smart place to discuss and change information .
7:01 AM Mar 16th from web

I think this whole discussion is validated by Bert's comment on Twitter a couple of days ago.

More subtle than Lance - it's like go here and see what people really think is going on :)

As opposed to the brash Texan in your face style we love and hate :D

that twitter is a fake, everybody knows that, and also the real AC has said he dont know what is twitter , and doent care at all. I think his mind is only thinking in trainning opposite tha lancetwetter, that is using AC to keep the atention and forguet his rumors on dopping

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Not only is inappropriate and unprofessional for Lance to criticize Contador, I think he's putting the future of the entire team in jeoparady. Lance is clearly only in this for another year or two and Johan is probably in the same boat. Alberto has clearly been the best rider in the world for the last 2 years. As others have pointed out, every team in the world would love to have him and many would pay him whatever he wanted and build whatever team he wanted. ****ing him off is likely to lead him to explore those options. If that happens, where does that leave Astana? Seems to me that someone above Johan (who is clearly "owned" by Lance) is going to come to the same conclusion and will be calling JB pretty damn quickly telling him to immediately solve this problem.

Lancyll & Lyde

When LA first announced he was coming out of retirement, he stated clearly his goal was to win the Tour. Then AC raised his hand and LA backed off, and the story became focus on the Giro and help AC in the Tour. But since then LA apparently feels he has done very well Down Under and in CA, and thinks AC still has a lot to learn (never mind that AC has managed to win three grand tours despite his learning deficit, something LA has not accomplished).

I think LA is confused. There is a part of him that believes winning the Tour is everything. Second place is losing. He's said it so many times he must believe it. But there is another part of him that simply cannot ignore the phenomenon that is AC. So these two parts within LA are in conflict, and it appears one or there other dominates at various times. Right now he's apparently allowing himself to believe that he could be stronger and faster than AC.

The connection between JB and LA cannot be denied. In the Solvang TT, JB followed LA, not Levi. It was Eki who followed Levi. If that doesn't tell you who is calling the shots, nothing will.

However, in the end, I think LA has shown in the TOC that he can be an effective and happy domestique (never mind that it was LA's wheel that knocked down Levi and might have taken him out of the race). I don't know about Stage 1, much less the Alps and the Pyrenees, but the prologue in Monte Carlo (!) is likely to be a race for the leadership of Astana.

And with LA, AC, Levi, Kloden and Horner driving the Astana team, that 38k TTT is going to be something else.

I. Can't. Wait. ! ! !

ygames

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
When LA first announced he was coming out of retirement, he stated clearly his goal was to win the Tour. Then AC raised his hand and LA backed off, and the story became focus on the Giro and help AC in the Tour. But since then LA apparently feels he has done very well Down Under and in CA, and thinks AC still has a lot to learn (never mind that AC has managed to win three grand tours despite his learning deficit, something LA has not accomplished).

I think LA is confused. There is a part of him that believes winning the Tour is everything. Second place is losing. He's said it so many times he must believe it. But there is another part of him that simply cannot ignore the phenomenon that is AC. So these two parts within LA are in conflict, and it appears one or there other dominates at various times. Right now he's apparently allowing himself to believe that he could be stronger and faster than AC.

The connection between JB and LA cannot be denied. In the Solvang TT, JB followed LA, not Levi. It was Eki who followed Levi. If that doesn't tell you who is calling the shots, nothing will.

However, in the end, I think LA has shown in the TOC that he can be an effective and happy domestique (never mind that it was LA's wheel that knocked down Levi and might have taken him out of the race). I don't know about Stage 1, much less the Alps and the Pyrenees, but the prologue in Monte Carlo (!) is likely to be a race for the leadership of Astana.

And with LA, AC, Levi, Kloden and Horner driving the Astana team, that 38k TTT is going to be something else.

I. Can't. Wait. ! ! !

OMG, the noobs are out in force tonight sad but true... your post clearly shows you know zero about cycling,,,

children are to be seen and not heard ...shhhhhh

I think the writing is on the wall that Lance will be in driving seat at the Tour and I don't expect any one is paying much attention to the implications of this beyond the short term. They have all drunk the kool aid. I still think it make for a pretty exciting July.

TRENDING THREADS