• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong: Contador is "nervous"

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

ygames

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
schadenfreude said:
27.jpg
source.

Nice Try,,,, but Nooooooo Cigar

Armstrong still ...WON THE TOUR....

Berto did not...

CheckMate -

ygames said:
LMFAO - at the brain dead posts on this site - WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!

Contador blew a " WIN " and an ez one at that... it was a (rookie) move
GOT IT....good!

Lance,,,saw a (nervous rookie move) by a team mate and pointed it out...

"as he should" ( it was not to dis-respect Contador ) what Contador did
cost the Team a WIN..
You boneheads have to stop the bull**** posts you are clearly clueless to
how a Racing Team really works. "]( IT COST MONEY TO RUN A RACE TEAM )
"rememberrrrrrr" WINNING IS IMPORTANT...

....so your Armstrong and Contador Feud Drama thing
....is all in your little heads... GOT IT... now let it go...

braindead.....bonehead....clueless.
Checkout that mirror.

ygames said:
Nice Try,,,, but Nooooooo Cigar

Armstrong still ...WON THE TOUR....

Berto did not...

CheckMate -

Checkmate? Yes, but not yours, you IDIOT.
Unless you had your lobotomy in July 2007, of course.

ygames

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
braindead.....bonehead....clueless.
Checkout that mirror.

Checkmate? Yes, but not yours, you IDIOT.
Unless you had your lobotomy in July 2007, of course.

Mellow Velo- aka Cat 5 - on his best day.
its your bed time,,,run along kid ,,,lmao

- sad -

ygames

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
mainemike said:
you aren't interesting. you aren't informed. you are an insecure, most likely homely, bully wannabe. shut it.

Awww... Sorry Pal,,,,,, i am informed! ...and have every right unlike you!

Im tired of the clueless posts,,,, from Amateur riders ( aka, you and the other posters here ) that have never raced as a Professional.

They have no bussiness posting as if there (words are "fact") when they never race as a pro.... got it ,,,Pal !!!!

...so with that said take your ( NEVERWAS ) azz home... your mom's call'n you...

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
ygames said:

Im tired of the clueless posts,,,, from Amateur riders ( aka, you and the other posters here ) that have never raced as a Professional.

They have no bussiness posting as if there (words are "fact") when they never race as a pro.... got it ,,,Pal !!!!

...so with that said take your ( NEVERWAS ) azz home... your mom's call'n you...

well i don't know if you have raced, but i can sure tell you've been ridden a time or two, and were/are pretty good at it. what a sad insecure homely little monkey boy you are. no friends. no girl. no money. no clue. nothing to do but stare at his faded pro jersey that he got as a reward for cleaning the bus toilet. yeah, you really are a pro. i belieeeeeeve you!

ygames

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
mainemike said:
well i don't know if you have raced, but i can sure tell you've been ridden a time or two, and were/are pretty good at it. what a sad insecure homely little monkey boy you are. no friends. no girl. no money. no clue. nothing to do but stare at his faded pro jersey that he got as a reward for cleaning the bus toilet. yeah, you really are a pro. i belieeeeeeve you!

Hmmm,
i guess thats funny,for the kids in your age group ( 7-9 ) you have been out of dipers for 6 years now Surely you do better then that...

HAVE A NICE DAY !!

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
ygames said:

You seem to be well informed in Pro Biking so I will ask a coulpe of silly questions...please dont laugh at me as I am a real novice.... :eek:

The persons in the team car do they have any radio communication with their riders durin the stages?

Do they have any possibility to see in real time what happens in the race,by usin a lap top with internet connection for example?

Regards // Roger.

A

Anonymous

ygames said:

WOW...a REAL PRO taking his time to write here......can I have your picture? I.....I.........I am just speechless...........good thing I can still type..........WOW GUYS, LOOK, A REAL PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!.......not some *** posting on a forum who could claim to be any ****ing thing, but a REAL, NO BULL**** PRO!!!!..........got any old frames around you need to sell?......gosh........I know it is pretty "Fred" of me to ask, but.....well...........would you post a picture of yourself in nothing but those fancy shorts you guys wear?...........and maybe put some oil on your body before taking the picture?.........GOSH.....A REAL PRO!!!

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
WOW...a REAL PRO taking his time to write here......can I have your picture? I.....I.........I am just speechless...........good thing I can still type..........WOW GUYS, LOOK, A REAL PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!.......not some *** posting on a forum who could claim to be any ****ing thing, but a REAL, NO BULL**** PRO!!!!..........got any old frames around you need to sell?......gosh........I know it is pretty "Fred" of me to ask, but.....well...........would you post a picture of yourself in nothing but those fancy shorts you guys wear?...........and maybe put some oil on your body before taking the picture?.........GOSH.....A REAL PRO!!!

Just so you know, I am not gay or anything.......I just like to have pictures of all of the male heroes, scantly clad, with oil on their bodies......Its just kinda my thing.

A

Anonymous

Maybe something like this: (its not oil, but perspiration is even better really, just love to see you all hot....just....you know, cause....well, just post the picture pleas Mr Pro *hottie man) *only use the word "hottie" because I am sure that is what you would be to someone who liked hot looking men....if they were into such things.....I'm not, so I am just guessing

matthew_mcconaughey.jpg

ygames said:

your borderline illiteracy almost confirms your insinuations of once being a pro.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Rob_Roy said:
The persons in the team car do they have any radio communication with their riders durin the stages?

Do they have any possibility to see in real time what happens in the race,by usin a lap top with internet connection for example?

Regards // Roger.

Lol, don't need to be a pro to answer this: the answer to both question is yes. They have a tv in he car.

On topic: it's interesting to see another perspective on this Contador/ Armstrong thing, whether this guy is a pro or not...
But my question would be: why does Armstrong point out a "rookie-mistake" and not think about the media reaction and following pressure and negative media/ fan-talk on his team and relation with Contador? This is creatin a whole new media-hype that possibly affects his relations with his teammate and co-leader in the tdf...

ygames

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Just so you know, I am not gay or anything.......I just like to have pictures of all of the male heroes, scantly clad, with oil on their bodies......Its just kinda my thing.

:eek: OMG ...dude

Your mind is, well at best twisted!
Its best your not around children!

-Enjoy- :p

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Could you answer my question Ygames? A comment in the media can also cost his team a win because of the pressure and media-hype. Contador seems to be kind of sensitive for this kind of things. He did want to leave the team in November. So it's more complicated than Lance just pointing out something that costed 'his' team a win.

ygames

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Bartoli said:
Could you answer my question Ygames? A comment in the media can also cost his team a win because of the pressure and media-hype. Contador seems to be kind of sensitive for this kind of things. He did want to leave the team in November. So it's more complicated than Lance just pointing out something that costed 'his' team a win.

{So it's more complicated than Lance just pointing out something that costed 'his' team a win.}

I understand why you might think this...

In this case it's about the lost opportunity of a text book " EZ" win for Team Astana.

The Hype of a major Drama with Lance and Contador is just fantacy!

Now as far as who will be leader in July?
The rider who as the best form and the best chance to win!
Remember Pro Cycling is a business and Team Astana wants the win.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
But you can't deny the longtime relationship between Bruyneel and Armstrong. I think it's an understatement when i'de say they both get along very well. You don't think that influences "the usual business"? I could imagine Contador being kind of affraid for the influence of that relationship and the presence of guys like Rubiera and Popovich. He could feel that this jeopardizes his chances of becoming the actual leader when both are pretty close in the first weeks gc (a situation like Leipheimer and COntador were in in 2007).

ygames

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Bartoli said:
But you can't deny the longtime relationship between Bruyneel and Armstrong. I think it's an understatement when i'de say they both get along very well. You don't think that influences "the usual business"? I could imagine Contador being kind of affraid for the influence of that relationship and the presence of guys like Rubiera and Popovich. He could feel that this jeopardizes his chances of becoming the actual leader when both are pretty close in the first weeks gc (a situation like Leipheimer and Contador were in in 2007).

In this case friends dont matter,Bruyneel wants a win for the team!
In July, if Contador is on better form then Lance then Contador will be leader!

Trust me if a Tour win is the goal its "Business first" "Friends second"
there are to many peoples livelihoods on the line.

A

Anonymous

ygames said:

Ahhhh grasshoppa, but if two men in position to win, and one is man with one ball, and other man has two and is from Spain, bet on single testicle to put knife in back of two ball.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
A different perspective...

Here's something to mull over...(sorry for the long length)

First, none of us really know what Lance's intentions were when he made this comment. We can only speculate, some more informed than others, but still speculations none-the-less. So with that in mind...

Is it possible that Lance made this comment to actually affirm Contador's abilities? (...before you shut down keep reading) We all know and agree that AC is probably the strongest rider in the pro-peloton at this time. However, he is still young and despite his status, still has a-lot to learn. Every rider from amateur to top level pro does and they are ignorant and arrogant to think they don't. Despite your feelings about Lance he has a-lot of knowledge to share; after-all he did win 7 Tours de France so he must be doing something right.

Right before making this statement, Lance mentioned (and mentions it quite often in other interviews as well) that he thinks Contador is the strongest rider in the pro-peloton. So is it possible that Lance made this statement to suggest that AC had it in him to win the Paris-Nice but made a simple error that cost him, obviously implying that his loss was attributable to tactics, not abilities, thus affirming that Contador is still the strongest rider in the pro-peloton.

I agree that making this type of statement to the press is not a smart move. It only increases strife amongst a team that needs to come together if they plan to win the Tour, regardless of the leader. The fact still stands that the strongest rider will be the protected rider come July 4, not withstanding some major "political" influence. When it comes to sponsors, keep in mind, Lance is not on the bank roll; meaning that the sponsors have no money invested into him (with the exception of Trek). That means their interest is in the riders they are paying for, after all they want to see a return on their investment otherwise they wouldn't be in this business (basic rules of investing). Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that Johan has no control over how he runs his team but the sponsors are definitely in his ear when it comes to some of the major decisions.

Either way you look at it, we wont know the real answer (and may never actually know) until July 4, when the Tour starts and this drama begins to play out. I would rather talk about this than discuss the latest laundry list of who's doping today.

This is just another way of looking at it...take it for what it's worth...

ygames

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Ahhhh grasshoppa, but if two men in position to win, and one is man with one ball, and other man has two and is from Spain, bet on single testicle to put knife in back of two ball.

LOL, you'z a funny boy!

...if the Team has the Tour win Locked up! ,,,and 1 ball and 2 ball are in first ans second place... Then Hell Yes its every man for himself.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ygames said:

I get what you're saying. But it leaves me with one question: why did Contador officially announce back in november/ december he wanted to leave the team because of Armstrongs comeback? I can't believe he has not enough confidence in his own abbilities to at least think he is better than a 38 year old man (yes who won the tdf a lot of times) but who has not really raced for like 3 years...

And now i'm going to sleep, good night! :)

TRENDING THREADS