• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong: "[Floyd Landis] is a great rider, a tremendous story."

I think the more interesting aspect is that the title says that Bruyneel is confirmed for Team Shack, but then the body of the story says that he is under contract with Astana until 2010. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Astana decides that it will not release either Contador or Bruyneel?

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Floyd Landis back racing at Team Ouch now the Shack!- everyone opens arms. Short memories. Recall Phonak, Andy Rihs the team manager, had signed a three-year contract with iShares to become the team's title sponsor beginning in 2007. When Landis tested positive for high levels of testosterone and ruined the TDF, the three year deal , supporting 50 wages for riders and staff:- gone, lost. The team disbanded at the end of the 2006 season team, Landis single handedly dumped nearly $17 million investment from cycling.

Lance Armstrong said of Floyd Landis "He’s a great rider, a tremendous story.

some fecking story Lance.

This is the REAL cost of doping.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
According to Velonews, the September 2009 edition:

For instance, at the SRAM Tour of the Gila in April, he [Floyd Landis] attacked the peloton on the final stage, but only got a few seconds ahead, and then dangled there. Armstrong, Landis' former teammate at US Postal Service, rode at the front of the field and was overheard saying: "that's painful to watch. That's gotta be embarrassing"

I don't now the veracity of that statement, but if he said it, why would he want to sign Floyd Landis?

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Non-story

BanProCycling said:
On the other hand, LA was probably asked the question and was being polite. He could hardly say: "no, I never want that butthole anywhere near me"

I think the above is the right answer. This is a non-story. Some reporter asked a question, Lance gave a noncommittal answer, and the forum (on at least 2 threads) is buzzing with silly speculation about Lance's master plan.

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
According to Velonews, the September 2009 edition:

I don't now the veracity of that statement, but if he said it, why would he want to sign Floyd Landis?

Certainly not on the basis of any current form because he doesn't have any!

However, in relation to The Landis ban, Lance has previously stuck up for him because Landis has never admitted to guilt. Whether he was guily or not is a moot point given he was suspended anyway but perhaps Lance is winding up the media with his offhand comment. Hell perhaps he even made the comment to provide certain people on here something to comment on!

I'm just wondering who they would take on as team leader, would it be Lance himself or another up and coming star. There were talks of Andy Shleck but that seem's to have been put down quite quickly by Riis.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
bikingbadger said:
I'm just wondering who they would take on as team leader, would it be Lance himself or another up and coming star. There were talks of Andy Shleck but that seem's to have been put down quite quickly by Riis.

Well so far the roster that we have seen, there is no 'up and coming star' the average age being in the mid 30's, but obviously lance is going to be top dog next year, and longer if he doesn't retire. We'll see who they sign.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think Paul kimmage's question to Lance at the Tour of California effectively sums up what is going on here.

Plus keeping a man who lost all his money, his home, his wife, his respect and honour etc sweet in case he ever realises some got away with it and became multi millionaires while he fell from grace like a stone... and decided to write a book or something.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Mongol_Waaijer said:
I think Paul kimmage's question to Lance at the Tour of California effectively sums up what is going on here.

Plus keeping a man who lost all his money, his home, his wife, his respect and honour etc sweet in case he ever realises some got away with it and became multi millionaires while he fell from grace like a stone... and decided to write a book or something.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer... something like that?

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Dude 95 you should do consulting for some of these big teams... "who to not **** off." Yah, see that guy Floyd with all the dirt on you guys? He's also got a penchant for acting a bit wacky.. yah he's your best friend pay him lots of money right NOW. quick quick, ah too late, well, you still owe me my consulting fee, lol.