Armstrong to bail out Astana?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Epicycle said:
No need for Armstrong to bail them out. Astana paid up.]
That's good news, providing the link is true.

Does this mean the logos will go back on?

As I said many times, I'm sure next season we'll see Vino and Kashi riding for Astana again, though it remains to be seen if they are a PT team, as their doping past, and lower budget, may push them to UCI Continental status.

Lance, Levi, Chris, Popo, Klodi, Zubeldia, Chechu, Noval, etc. and of course Contador, will all be elsewhere. The entire management staff and support will be gone as well. It'll be curious to see where they end up, especially the JB-LA duo.
 
anubisza said:
Let Vino have Astana back as a Pro Continental team (It won't be ProTour with his record) when he makes his comeback, let Johan Bruyneel take the ProTour license, give it to Lance to massage his ego with. Then let's all get on with watching Contador win the tour, no matter which team he's riding for.
Agreed with the Vino comment but not sure if AC could win the tour on any other team?Lets say lotto.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
jackhammer111 said:
oh, i'll bet he's getting rich off that. :rolleyes:
You obviously don't know anything about the cost of advertising among other things.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Epicycle said:
This explains it.
http://www.demandmedia.com/brands/livestrong/

Ads, consumer information, maybe product tie-ins. They also sell what they call gold memberships for $45 a year that give members more access to the site.
wow... big business.. think they'll go public soon?

i hear providing free consumer information is the next big thing.

btw.. there no 45 dollar membership i can find.... i registered just to see... it was free and gives me access to all the tools. kind of cool really.. looks very interesting.. thanks!

and lance doesn't own demandmedia.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
dimspace said:
and the problem with that is?
He is making money off of his cancer. Not making money to donate. No making money off of his cycling. Not making money off of actually providing anything of real benefit that cannot be found anywhere else. He is selling his cancer and profiting from it.

I don't know, but to me it is about as slimy as it comes. Sorry to you too if your aunts cousin's brother's sister's ex-boyfriend had cancer, but those are the facts.
 
Mar 16, 2009
19,486
0
0
Epicycle said:
No need for Armstrong to bail them out. Astana paid up. Astana will continue for the rest of the season. Bruyneel and Armstrong won't be there next year, that is for sure.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.kz%2Fnews.php%3Fid%3D0000004709%26type%3Dmain%26st%3D0000000026%26nd%3D1&sl=auto&tl=en&history_state0=
god I love Google translator "7-fold triumfator «Big loops» American Lance Armstrong"
Go Big Loops
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
jackhammer111 said:
wow... big business.. think they'll go public soon?

i hear providing free consumer information is the next big thing.

btw.. there no 45 dollar membership i can find.... i registered just to see... it was free and gives me access to all the tools. kind of cool really.. looks very interesting.. thanks!

and lance doesn't own demandmedia.
Its not free to the people buying the space on the website.

Again, he is selling his cancer as a commodity and pocketing the profit. While I am sure a fanboy will justify anything done by his hero, it doesn't alter the fact that it is slimy.
 
Mar 19, 2009
832
0
0
dimspace said:
and the problem with that is?
I don't have any problem with Armstrong making money off of Livestrong.com per se, but his partner Richard Rosenblatt is a guy who rides the rough edge of internet monetization. There is also the issue of conflating the .org and .com. You can make up your own mind about that.
 
Mar 19, 2009
832
0
0
jackhammer111 said:
wow... big business.. think they'll go public soon?

i hear providing free consumer information is the next big thing.

btw.. there no 45 dollar membership i can find.... i registered just to see... it was free and gives me access to all the tools. kind of cool really.. looks very interesting.. thanks!

and lance doesn't own demandmedia.
Gold membership.
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/users/upgrade/

Lance owns a stake in Demand Media.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Thoughtforfood said:
You obviously don't know anything about the cost of advertising among other things.
most times the more you keep talking about lance the more foolish you look.

i see an ad for a sports drink.

calorie tracker software is available for iphone for 3 bucs...ohhh i'm sure his rolling in the dough over those.
 
Mar 19, 2009
832
0
0
jackhammer111 said:
most times the more you keep talking about lance the more foolish you look.

i see an ad for a sports drink.

calorie tracker software is available for iphone for 3 bucs...ohhh i'm sure his rolling in the dough over those.
Demand Media was expected to have $200 million in revenue last year and a valuation of $1 billion.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Epicycle said:
Gold membership.
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/users/upgrade/

Lance owns a stake in Demand Media.
Funny, it is all based off of that whole "Livestrong" thing. He could have called it "Lance Armstrong's House of Good Things for You and Your Family" or "Come Here To Read Sh!t You Can Read In A Million Other Places, But Will Make Me Money If You Read It Here" or CHTRSYCRIAMOPBWMMMIYRIH for short. But instead, he associated it with the already implanted idea that "Livestrong" is the do good cancer thing.....makes me want to puke actually.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
jackhammer111 said:
most times the more you keep talking about lance the more foolish you look.

i see an ad for a sports drink.

calorie tracker software is available for iphone for 3 bucs...ohhh i'm sure his rolling in the dough over those.
Its because you are too ignorant about the content of websites to know that you are looking at an ad. Why am I not surprised?

Little hint here dipsh!t, I am involved in the selling of advertising for a website. It is obvious you have no idea how the revenue from sites like that are generated, nor do you have any idea how lucrative it is. Again, add that to the long list of sh!t you know nothing about. See oh knower of all things, the real beauty is in the spread of what it costs to host it, and what you charge for the ads. Amazing mark-up. Makes Trek's Chinese made bikes look like a bargain.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Thoughtforfood said:
Its because you are too ignorant about the content of websites to know that you are looking at an ad. Why am I not surprised?

Little hint here dipsh!t, I am involved in the selling of advertising for a website. It is obvious you have no idea how the revenue from sites like that are generated, nor do you have any idea how lucrative it is. Again, add that to the long list of sh!t you know nothing about. See oh knower of all things, the real beauty is in the spread of what it costs to host it, and what you charge for the ads. Amazing mark-up. Makes Trek's Chinese made bikes look like a bargain.
like i say .. the more you talk.. the more of a fool you look like.

what is your point here mister internet ad sales executive?

you're probably the guy that's hauling down the big bucks selling them the ads for that FRS sports drink.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
jackhammer111 said:
like i say .. the more you talk.. the more of a fool you look like.

what is your point here mister internet ad sales executive?

you're probably the guy that's hauling down the big bucks selling them the ads for that FRS sports drink.
The point is simple, you don't know what the **** you are talking about. You are like 0 fer 10 or something like that. Time to quit while you are behind.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Thoughtforfood said:
The point is simple, you don't know what the **** you are talking about. You are like 0 fer 10 or something like that. Time to quit while you are behind.
no, no, you idiot, not your point about me... i could give rats @ss what you think about me.

all the arm waving and pants wetting you were doing about evil lance and livestrong.

what's your point?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
jackhammer111 said:
no, no, you idiot, not your point about me... i could give rats @ss what you think about me.

all the arm waving and pants wetting you were doing about evil lance and livestrong.

what's your point?
You COULD give a rats ***? Well when you no longer can, let me know.

I guess reading comprehension is part of that sh!t you are just too stupid get also. Another log on the fire.

I won't rehash what I meant in regards to Livestrong.com now because of the pearls before swine thing.

Toodles Toughy McToughster.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Thoughtforfood said:
You COULD give a rats ***? Well when you no longer can, let me know.

I guess reading comprehension is part of that sh!t you are just too stupid get also. Another log on the fire.

I won't rehash what I meant in regards to Livestrong.com now because of the pearls before swine thing.

Toodles Toughy McToughster.
i meant exactly what i said. you need to get out more. it's sometimes used that way.

i could give a rats @ss... saying here, i have a rats @ss i'm giving you to show what i think of your opinion of me. It's worth one rats @ss. dumb @ss.

come on, tell me again what you point is. i really want as many people as possible to see what an obsessed fool you are.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lequack Professional Road Racing 5

ASK THE COMMUNITY