• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong Under Criminal Investigation

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
HL2037 said:
USA will join the whistleblower case - what does it mean? What will the consequences be?

At the very least Armstrong will be forced to spend a lot of money an lawyers. He will probably settle for a few million.

The interesting thing is what Wiesel will do. He may not want the issue delved into too much. Maybe he will push to settle the matter. He has the bucks to do it.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
At the very least Armstrong will be forced to spend a lot of money an lawyers. He will probably settle for a few million.

The interesting thing is what Wiesel will do. He may not want the issue delved into too much. Maybe he will push to settle the matter. He has the bucks to do it.

Wiesel is very likely the main target in this issue. A major political manipulator and sketchy IPO shill; he's made some powerful enemies and he'll find out how much payback can be a b*tch!
This could open the door for the USACycling house cleaning as well if they are proven complicit with suppression of test results...

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
US government to sue disgraced cyclist

The US government has joined a lawsuit against Lance Armstrong after talks with his lawyers broke down.
The suit argues Armstrong defrauded the American public by insisting he was not using drugs while riding for the publicly funded US Postal Service team.

More...

Don't be late Pedro said:
US government to sue disgraced cyclist

The US government has joined a lawsuit against Lance Armstrong after talks with his lawyers broke down.
The suit argues Armstrong defrauded the American public by insisting he was not using drugs while riding for the publicly funded US Postal Service team.

More...

But slow there Pedro....

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
HL2037 said:
It's wonderfull. I would really really like for Floyd to live happily ever after, that would warm my black heart.

As much as I liked him as a rider, his history with finances are not the best, he should place any money he gets in a living trust ASAP.

HL2037 said:
It's wonderful. I would really really like for Floyd to live happily ever after, that would warm my black heart.
As long as he really does return the cash to those who donated to the FFF first like he promised, sure. Be nice if he also did a personal buy back of copies of Positively False, but it's still not a bad read as fiction.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:

Is it going to be that easy? Is the government going to settle on a defraud case that would cost as much as 100 million for a few millions? Didn't Armstrong try to settle this with 5 million but got turned down?

I got a feeling this is really gonna hurt Armstrong. Bruyneel will want to save his **** by naming Armstrong as the main culprit. I hope this case stretches on for a while.

MarkvW said:
The feds took the case.

Man walks on moon.

dumb-and-dumber-man-walks-on-moon.png

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
As long as he really does return the cash to those who donated to the FFF first like he promised, sure. Be nice if he also did a personal buy back of copies of Positively False, but it's still not a bad read as fiction.
C'mon Alpe. The New England weather must still have you a bit disoriented. :D

Floyd did more than just "promise" to pay back his "donors." He's legally bound to do just that. Of course the real contributors will likely never come a-knockin'. The less attention they receive in this sordid tale the better (for them).

RE: Positively False.
My signed copy just went up in value. No way Floyd is getting that one back.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
C'mon Alpe. The New England weather must still have you a bit disoriented. :D

Floyd did more than just "promise" to pay back his "donors." He's legally bound to do just that. Of course the real contributors will likely never come a-knockin'. The less attention they receive in this sordid tale the better (for them).

RE: Positively False.
My signed copy just went up in value. No way Floyd is getting that one back.

When this is done I might post the picture of the lawyer guy helping Floyd on this case; if he agrees. He's a good dude, Masters rider that believed that Floyd really wanted to pay back. "So listen, Floyd....ever thought about helping the guv'mint get that money back? Might be a little pay for you, too..." PS: he offerred to do it for free.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Aleajactaest said:
I'm not supposed to continue this discussion per one of the other mods. However, I can't get to the original NYT article, it appears to be too old to appear in search results..

There, however, numerous articles that say he used EPO and confessed in an interview with the NYT in 2006.

Here is one of many with that statement.

http://www.globaltvbc.com/ap+interv...rt+on+armstrongs+doping/6442732449/story.html

BTW, if we're going to start having the mods enforce this citation issue,it needs to cover every assertion. Not just the ones people don't like.

Ok, good for the link you found.

I'm not "enforcing" a citation issue as a mod, or otherwise. There is no such rule for the forum. I am, as a fellow user, pointing out a logic problem. It annoys me when people make unattributed claims about truth. Either it is commonly known, and LMGTFY applies, or a source should be linked to validate claims. Otherwise, as I said, the claims are logically worthless.

We have a few of those types of posts in this thread - logically worthless, unverifiable, claims of "truth". In my reading of the forum rules, there isn't much I can do about such posts, when they are about public figures who are not posters in the forum. People are entitled to their opinion. But, my opinion of the veracity of someone who cries wolf goes down with each shout of "Wolf" when there is none.

LOL! ESPNs reporting that Wonderboy's supposedly "working out" some kind of settlement w/ the USJD on the USPS thing, but "he's worried" about any criminal charges against him & wants immunity. Why would you need immunity Wonderboy, if you've "never doped"?

Moose McKnuckles said:
Bricks are being shat by the dozens at USA Cycling.

They'll run USAC from prison. The members won't care. In fact, they can't vote, so even if they cared, Wiesel's still in charge even from the cell block.

WADA lifetime ban for Wiesel is the bare minimum here, but that's not going to fly at the IOC.

TRENDING THREADS