• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong will never be caught for EPO or blood boosting and here's why!!

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
He needs to harden up by being a man and telling the truth. So do other athletes...

Better yet test Cadel and every other top 30 rider for the last 5 years,don't test their blood. Put them on a lie detector and ask if they have used any substance that was a PED banned or not. The machine would start to smoke after the first 10 riders. Cadel and others are telling the "truth" because they have not been caught. Cycling needs to shorten up it's long arm of the law and declare a truce between history and current reality. If LA was juiced 5 years ago I hardly see how he would be "harder" by fessing up to it now.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
Better yet test Cadel and every other top 30 rider for the last 5 years,don't test their blood. Put them on a lie detector and ask if they have used any substance that was a PED banned or not. The machine would start to smoke after the first 10 riders. Cadel and others are telling the "truth" because they have not been caught. Cycling needs to shorten up it's long arm of the law and declare a truce between history and current reality. If LA was juiced 5 years ago I hardly see how he would be "harder" by fessing up to it now.

+1

I totally agree. Lets separate the dopers from the clean ones.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I love three things here:

1. The Armstrong fans declaring he is innocent and refusing to acknowledge even the possibility of the contrary.

2. The Evans fans declaring Evans is a clean rider based on such solid arguments as "he says he doesn't like doping"

3. The bickering on this subject between otherwise rational people. "My guy is clean, yours isn't"

4. The fact anyone still believes a lie detector is any better than flipping a coin despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Funny stuff :D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
I love three things here:

1. The Armstrong fans declaring he is innocent and refusing to acknowledge even the possibility of the contrary.

2. The Evans fans declaring Evans is a clean rider based on such solid arguments as "he says he doesn't like doping"

3. The bickering on this subject between otherwise rational people. "My guy is clean, yours isn't"

4. The fact anyone still believes a lie detector is any better than flipping a coin despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Funny stuff :D

The funnier thing is that you follow cycling but believe their all on dope! Hypocrisy! it's not just because evans says he's clean. You can read people and i have people in the know.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
The funnier thing is that you follow cycling but believe their all on dope!

Right. Of course I do. And I also believe in little green men fron Swaziland named Tom.

Or at least you say I do, so clearly it must be true :p

Seriously, when you accuse me of random crap like that which has no basis on my real thoughts, you lose any credibility.

auscyclefan94 said:
Hypocrisy! it's not just because evans says he's clean. You can read people and i have people in the know.

You have people in the know? Fantastic. Guess what. With most doped riders, their close families and friends are just as surprised at their doping as everyone else, as they're also lied to.

So, having someone "in the know", doesn't really mean much ;)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Right. Of course I do. And I also believe in little green men fron Swaziland named Tom.

Or at least you say I do, so clearly it must be true :p

Seriously, when you accuse me of random crap like that which has no basis on my real thoughts, you lose any credibility.

You have people in the know? Fantastic. Guess what. With most doped riders, their close families and friends are just as surprised at their doping as everyone else, as they're also lied to.

So, having someone "in the know", doesn't really mean much ;)

And you would know that how?

Ok, then do you believe that all the top riders are on dope? If you say yes then you lose all credibility as you look like a complete idiot.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
And you would know that how?

"I have people in the know" :p

Their families talk to the media too, don't worry. Dekker's sister's reaction was funny. She wanted to kill him.

auscyclefan94 said:
Ok, then do you believe that all the top riders are on dope? If you say yes then you lose all credibility as you look like a complete idiot.

The problem being that you were the one who said that about me.

I'd be a moron if I actually thought that. Just as I'd be a moron if I guaranteed that a rider is clean "because he doesn't like doping" :)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
"I have people in the know" :p

Their families talk to the media too, don't worry. Dekker's sister's reaction was funny. She wanted to kill him.

The problem being that you were the one who said that about me.

I'd be a moron if I actually thought that. Just as I'd be a moron if I guaranteed that a rider is clean "because he doesn't like doping" :)

Who do you believe is clean then?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
It would take a few hours of writing names ;)

I wasn't having a go at you directly about you believing all cyclists are dopers. it was more of a generalised comment to some other forum posters. I dont follow riders that I believe are dirty, the riders have to almost gain my trust and I think when you listen to some riders speak about doping you get the vibe that they are hiding something.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I wasn't having a go at you directly about you believing all cyclists are dopers. it was more of a generalised comment to some other forum posters. I dont follow riders that I believe are dirty, the riders have to almost gain my trust and I think when you listen to some riders speak about doping you get the vibe that they are hiding something.

See it from my side: the arguments guys like you are making (with a point) are the exact same that a few years ago I was hearing from the Hamilton fans, the Vino fans, the Basso fans (all with a point).

I know better by now that if a guy is performing at the same level at the end of a major stage race as he is at the start, when he's had no days to relax (aka he's riding for GC), there's no way I can trust him.

Just because a guy says all the right things doesn't mean a thing. Look at Kohl, he slammed doping in every interview he gave :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
See it from my side: the arguments guys like you are making (with a point) are the exact same that a few years ago I was hearing from the Hamilton fans, the Vino fans, the Basso fans (all with a point).

I know better by now that if a guy is performing at the same level at the end of a major stage race as he is at the start, when he's had no days to relax (aka he's riding for GC), there's no way I can trust him.

Just because a guy says all the right things doesn't mean a thing. Look at Kohl, he slammed doping in every interview he gave :p

So you don't think a rider can ride gc clean?

All that is true, I don't really know why i follow cadel to be honest but I just get a feeling from the people "in the know" and listening to others and cadel himself speak that he is clean. I understand that my point of view is narrow minded and but i don't beleive that all the gc guys are doping. Unfortunately we the fans of cycling find it hard to believe in any rider now if they get a result, as we the fans of cycling have been let down so many times by certain riders. that is why we suspect every rider now. We read into every single action and word these riders say and twist it somehow so it makes them look dirty. it is a harsh approach but it is for the better of the sport that we scrutinise these riders so they can't hide from suspicion. This is how we will see the clean from the dirty.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
So you don't think a rider can ride gc clean?

It's not that.

I'll repeat

issoisso said:
if a guy is performing at the same level at the end of a major stage race as he is at the start

auscyclefan94 said:
All that is true, I don't really know why i follow cadel to be honest but I just get a feeling from the people "in the know" and listening to others and cadel himself speak that he is clean.

Hamilton and Frigo were seen as the bastions of clean cycling. At the head of the fight for a new, clean generation. For a better future. For cycling without drugs. The two riders who people "in the know" constantly upheld as the shining beacons of light, who won clean against all odds.

Look at them now.

auscyclefan94 said:
Unfortunately we the fans of cycling find it hard to believe in any rider now if they get a result, as we the fans of cycling have been let down so many times by certain riders. that is why we suspect every rider now. We read into every single action and word these riders say and twist it somehow so it makes them look dirty. it is a harsh approach but it is for the better of the sport that we scrutinise these riders so they can't hide from suspicion. This is how we will see the clean from the dirty.

Not really. We'll might see the clean from the dirty one day...when then dirty confess. But for most we'll never really know.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
If you want to use that point...
Evans 2002 Giro - Bonked on the passo Coe
Evans 2005 Tour - Bonked on the stage to St lary Soulan
Evans 2006 Tour - Bonked on Alpe D Huez and to the Le Creusot ITT
Evans 2007 Tour - Bonked on plateau de beille
Evans 2008 Tour - Bonked on St Amand montrond ITT
Evans 2009 Tour - was terrible most of the way through
Evans 2009 vuelta - la pandera stage

Bonked isn't the right word but he lost time on all those stages to all the main favourites so really you can't use that arguement...
The reason why he still had strong results in most of those races was because he minimised loses, and made up time in other stages.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
If you want to use that point...
Evans 2002 Giro - Bonked on the passo Coe
Evans 2005 Tour - Bonked on the stage to St lary Soulan
Evans 2006 Tour - Bonked on Alpe D Huez and to the Le Creusot ITT
Evans 2007 Tour - Bonked on plateau de beille
Evans 2008 Tour - Bonked on St Amand montrond ITT
Evans 2009 Tour - was terrible most of the way through
Evans 2009 vuelta - la pandera stage

Bonked isn't the right word but he lost time on all those stages to all the main favourites so really you can't use that arguement...

That fits the opposite bill perfectly: that's random bad days among good days, not a steady decline ;)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
That fits the opposite bill perfectly: that's random bad days among good days, not a steady decline ;)

We'll agree to disagree here, we don't want it to become like an arguement between the LA haters and the LA fanboys, don't we?:D. Have a good Xmas.

TRENDING THREADS