• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Arnaud De Lie’s Hips Don’t Lie Discussion Thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sprinting in the drops is overrated.

His anaerobic tank is off the charts. When he sprints against the pure sprinters in a flat sprint he is betrayed by his poor aerodynamic position but on an uphill drag, he must be the one who pushes the highest watts in the whole peloton. What a freak!
he knows this since he declared not wanting to go to the TdF if there are only pure flat sprints...

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Super 8 (former Primus) Classic vs. Van Aert and Van der Poel first.

Then EC.

Then rest of his season should be: Franco Belge, Famenne, Binche, Paris-Bourges, Paris-Tours, Guangxi.
Or atleast that's what he wants, it will be depending on his fitness level in Octobre how much he races.
The start list at Super 8 classic does not have him down - at https://super8classic.be/wp-content/uploads/Race-Start-List.pdf Is he a late change ? Jumbo have Benoot, Laporte, & Wout so it'll not be easy even without M vd P!

I somewhere read that Lotto switches from Ridley to Orbea, after 2023… Is that confirmed?

I mean, Ridley and Orbea both are great manufacturers… But de Lie is a heavy, incredibly powerful rider. De Lie on an Orbea, can that be true?

Orbea is rather known for their lightweight climbing bikes, preferred by Euskadi and Basque climbers… Not first choice for 80kg Flandriens, one would guess?…

• Wow
I somewhere read that Lotto switches from Ridley to Orbea, after 2023… Is that confirmed?

I mean, Ridley and Orbea both are great manufacturers… But de Lie is a heavy, incredibly powerful rider. De Lie on an Orbea, can that be true?

Orbea is rather known for their lightweight climbing bikes, preferred by Euskadi and Basque climbers… Not first choice for 80kg Flandriens, one would guess?…
What gives you the impression that Orbea bikes are any less robust than Ridley? Orbea have been making quality road bikes for a long time and not just climbing bikes. Lotto are choosing to leave Ridley for Orbea, do you honestly think they’d do that if Di Lie was going to be breaking a bike in every race?

https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...top-form-with-victory-at-circuit-franco-belge
(quote) “I knew that I still felt good after Québec and the European Championship,” De Lie said post-race to RTBF, referencing his first World Tour victory at the GP de Quebec and a very impressive performance at the European Championships as he finished fourth. “It is always nice to be able to reward the team, even if it is not always easy.”
On a tough day, De Lie managed to survive the hills with enough power left in his legs to take victory ahead of Rasmus Tiller and Corbin Strong at the finish line. “It is a real pleasure to win in Wallonia on such a tough circuit. The race was very selective from start to finish, partly thanks to my teammates. It therefore feels good to win such a difficult race," De Lie continues. “I've been saying it since my contract extension, but this shows that my choice to extend with Lotto Dstny was the best choice."(end quote)
De Lie is keeping Lotto D in the top 10 of UCI rankings -
https://www.cyclingnews.com/feature...ors-fight-to-avoid-relegation-in-2026-starts/
Lotto-Dstny are sitting solidly in the top 10 of the UCI rankings as the top ProTeam and have done this largely without the Grand Tours. They have Arnaud De Lie to thank for a lot of this, as most of his 2,414-point haul has come from one-day races. The GP de Québec was a big part of it, but he's got seven others in 1.1, 2.1 and ProSeries races (eight after Circuit Franco-Belge on September 28, not yet included in the weekly rankings).

Reactions: sevenall
Interesting to see where both De Lie and Kooij will end up, since both riders have a slightly different profile but are extremely promising in their own way. De Lie reminds me a lot of Sagan in his early days, just pure brute force on a bike and being able to sustain a longer effort in a sprint. Kooij looks a bit more like Philipsen, the pure sprinter who can do some fair share of climbing on shorter hills and loves the classics season.