• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Australian Nationals

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Bobridge is out of the TT - instead riding the bay crits as a replacement for O'Grady in his team.

Meyer and Rogers will be dancing at that news.

We should discuss the nationals more, who will win etc.

Will Clarke could take the road race.

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
Bobridge is out of the TT - instead riding the bay crits as a replacement for O'Grady in his team.

So it seems, despite being announced on the start list this morning. Sigh!

Sasquatch said:
Meyer and Rogers will be dancing at that news.

Actually Rogers is only doing the road race. So, guess it's even better news for Meyer!

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
So it seems, despite being announced on the start list this morning. Sigh!

Actually Rogers is only doing the road race. So, guess it's even better news for Meyer!

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Really?

Has Rogers lost his marbles?

Cantwell has to be the favourite for the crit.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Womens: TT Carly Light.

Under 23: TT Rohan Denis

Mens TT: One of the Meyers

Under 23 RR Tim Roe

Mens RR: See Mens TT or an Aus based rider to pop up for the win.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't know much about the women, but the Under 23 men Dennis and Durbridge will fight out the time trial but I think Durbridge will be too strong in the time trial.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Matty Lloyd will take the road race. He will dance away on Mt Bunningyong like he did a few years ago. The climb in the course is at 6.5% but the descent is only 3%

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Womens TT: Vicky Whitelaw/Bridie O'Donnell

Mens Under 23 TT: Michael Matthews/Luke Durbridge

Mens TT: Cameron Meyer

Womens Crit: Chloe Hosking/Rochell Gilmore

Mens Under 23 Crit: Richard Lang/Thomas Palmer

Mens Crit: Jonathan Cantwell/Ben Kersten

Womens RR: Alexis Rhodes/Bronwyn Ryan

Mens Under 23 RR: Nicholas Walker/Michael Matthews/Joseph Lewis

Mens RR: Michael Rogers

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
Dundee said:
Womens TT: Vicky Whitelaw/Bridie O'Donnell

Mens Under 23 TT: Michael Matthews/Luke Durbridge

Mens TT: Cameron Meyer

Womens Crit: Chloe Hosking/Rochell Gilmore

Mens Under 23 Crit: Richard Lang/Thomas Palmer

Mens Crit: Jonathan Cantwell/Ben Kersten

Womens RR: Alexis Rhodes/Bronwyn Ryan

Mens Under 23 RR: Nicholas Walker/Michael Matthews/Joseph Lewis

Mens RR: Michael Rogers

Spot on imo. Should be a good week of racing

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Matty Lloyd will take the road race. He will dance away on Mt Bunningyong like he did a few years ago. The climb in the course is at 6.5% but the descent is only 3%

Good point. If that's the case I see Rogers going with him and maybe someone like Dempster or Clarke.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
It seems like the Jayco race has led to a rather weak line up for the TT. Withouht Bobridge, Luke Roberts is the only notable rider besides the Meyers, and I think Cameron Meyer must start as favourite.

The road race will remain harder to judge - if another Drapac rider, or another from one of the smaller Australian teams, doesnt win - my outside bet would be Wes Sulzberger.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Hmm nah he's more likely to get marked out of the race leading to more of an unkown being allowed to sneak away and win.

Outsider for the win would be Jai Crawford.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I hope there is a situation in the men's RR, like last year when there was two Columbia riders (Rogers and Hansen) in the break with a local pro, and the two Columbia riders lost.

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I hope there is a situation in the men's RR, like last year when there was two Columbia riders (Rogers and Hansen) in the break with a local pro, and the two Columbia riders lost.

thats realy mean!!! im looking forward to jai breakingaway on the final climb!

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Mens

1 Cameron Meyer (WA)
2 John Anderson (QLD)
3 Luke Roberts (SA)

U23 TT

1 Rohan Dennis (SA) 0:36:13
2 Luke Durbridge (WA) 0:00:10
3 Michael Matthews (ACT) 0:01:22

Womens TT

1 Amber Halliday (SA) 0:40:57
2 Bridie O'Donnell (VIC) 0:00:04
3 Carly Light (SA) 0:01:02

If Carly had come through for me it would have been 3 from 3!
It's looking good for South Australian cycling at the moment, especially with Tim Roe about to take out the U23 road race and Tiff and Alexis looking good for the Womens race.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Hasn't Tim Roe signed for LA's Trek-Livestrong u-23 team?

Yeah. I'm so conflicted, Looks as if I'm going to be standing roadside this weekend wearing a Timmy/livestrong t-shirt. At least they're being made up here so no money is going to the dark side.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
It's good to see that not all elite rowers make smooth transitions to elite cycling, I was starting to think that they would take over. Some of the worst bike handlers I've ever seen, after tri-gimps.

But big Drew Ginn, 6th @ 1.46, pretty respectable no?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I see that Laydown Sally came in 34th.
Even though what she did said she shouldn't of been on the team, people gave her a really bad wrap in the media for that incident at Athens. Give the girl a break.
53 x 11 said:
Mens

1 Cameron Meyer (WA)
2 John Anderson (QLD)
3 Luke Roberts (SA)

U23 TT

1 Rohan Dennis (SA) 0:36:13
2 Luke Durbridge (WA) 0:00:10
3 Michael Matthews (ACT) 0:01:22

Womens TT

1 Amber Halliday (SA) 0:40:57
2 Bridie O'Donnell (VIC) 0:00:04
3 Carly Light (SA) 0:01:02

If Carly had come through for me it would have been 3 from 3!
It's looking good for South Australian cycling at the moment, especially with Tim Roe about to take out the U23 road race and Tiff and Alexis looking good for the Womens race.

Meyer's time in this years tt championships would of only just got him 3rd in last years championships.

TRENDING THREADS