• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Australian u18 100 metre nationals = not normal.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
http://www.watoday.com.au/breaking-news-sport/jack-hale-wins-national-100m-title-20141206-3m026.html

we need a statistician to do the statistical regression

normalise for legal time, then 0.0 metres per second tailwind. think the 2 per sec, still makes for a (rule of thumb) 10.26 100 metre. But second place was almost a dip on the line difference. and in real time, top 3 under 10.30.

= not normal.

but farkin entertaining. let the kid run i say. let him run.

oh, they sorta speak English in Australia = clean i say. yep, definitely cleans.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
neineinei said:
Nice for the Aussies to have a new sprinter when half of their 2012 Olympics relay team is out for wherabout failures.
the australians arent doping. i will swear my life on it.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
oldcrank said:
Unfortunately for the lad, any chance of a
generous handicap in the Burnie Gift has
all but vanished, I'm guessing.
runs 100, 200, and a long jumper. not ricky ponting, more carl lewis!

blackcat said:
runs 100, 200, and a long jumper. not ricky ponting, more carl lewis!
He had a chance of a big payday at Burnie
or a huge payday at Stawell if they'd kept
their cards closer to their chest but now I'm
afraid he'd be running off a mark, as you say,
closer to that given to Lewis rather than the
handicap Punter might be assigned.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
oldcrank said:
He had a chance of a big payday at Burnie
or a huge payday at Stawell if they'd kept
their cards closer to their chest but now I'm
afraid he'd be running off a mark, as you say,
closer to that given to Lewis rather than the
handicap Punter might be assigned.
the handicappers will be generous if he runs Stawell, for no other reason than marketing. They will wish for him to get thru to the semi's, at minimum. The tell will be if other amateurs or pros start crying poor on the generous mark. Say, 8 metres? 9 metres? 10?

blackcat said:
the handicappers will be generous if he runs Stawell, for no other reason than marketing. They will wish for him to get thru to the semi's, at minimum. The tell will be if other amateurs or pros start crying poor on the generous mark. Say, 8 metres? 9 metres? 10?
Jack is off 2.75 metres on Sunday in the $22,000 120m. Gift
at the 128th Bay Sheffield Carnival. Currently fourth favourite
at $6.00.