• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bahati Racing to stop this week

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Good. I applaud Floyd's scorched earth policy. Let the rage flow. There are many riders who deserve it, dopers or plain jerks or both.

No more Armstrong changing race dates to fit his schedule, sucking the life out of races with appearance fees, no more chasing down riders who testify against him, no more riders leaving their wives to date Sheryl Crow.

No more Rahsaan throwing his glasses at riders.

No more Floyd taking money to defend himself in a case he's guilty of then blackmailing people for a race entry or spot on a team.

Bring it all down.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
What Landis has done is single handedly kill cycling in the US. With the soon to be demise of what could have been a great market Landis can be free of all his guilt. I'm not saying I know if LA was clean or not I am saying Landis made sure cycling will not make it in the USA. Thanks Floyd Great job!

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Road Hazard said:
Good. I applaud Floyd's scorched earth policy. Let the rage flow. There are many riders who deserve it, dopers or plain jerks or both.

No more Armstrong changing race dates to fit his schedule, sucking the life out of races with appearance fees, no more chasing down riders who testify against him, no more riders leaving their wives to date Sheryl Crow.

No more Rahsaan throwing his glasses at riders.

No more Floyd taking money to defend himself in a case he's guilty of then blackmailing people for a race entry or spot on a team.

Bring it all down.

so why you on a cycling thread you realize this kind of thing happens in all paid sport and always will. so when la or others are busted it will just change very naive. i bet you think politics might get better to lol. landis is a desperate man who is doing what he is doing for all the wrong reasons.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
rick bensco said:
What Landis has done is single handedly kill cycling in the US. With the soon to be demise of what could have been a great market Landis can be free of all his guilt. I'm not saying I know if LA was clean or not I am saying Landis made sure cycling will not make it in the USA. Thanks Floyd Great job!

Save your outrage, the team was dead long before Floyd's email.

rick bensco said:

WTF are you talking about? Cycling in the US is alive and well. It may even be cleaner after this. What a stupid post.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
rick bensco said:

Landis didn't create the problem for the US. If the events in Landis' claims are true then it is the participants in those events themselves that are to blame.

Personally if cycling got damaged in my country in this manner I would be happy - because I would hate to think that the converse were true and that this stuff was going on and nobody was doing anything about it.

The sport will recover from this in the US just like everywhere else. You only have to look at the fact that Formula 1 is signing contracts to bring a race back onto the schedule. After the debarkle of Indy people said the sport would be dead in the US forever.

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Cycling cleaner after this?????.........i think not, the universal thing about professional athletes is that they are generally selfish, they have to be to get as good as they are. So chances are you will remove a few now only for others to fill the void........reckon someone already has.......how is Bertie anyways haven't heard so much as a peep from him over this?

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
sad to see really. but c'mon. this doesn't have anything to do with floyd's admission.

bahati was dead as soon as the toc started without them.bahati wanted and needed to be at the toc to survive. floyd's efforts to blackmail the team into the race was their swansong i guess.

imho, with floyd riding, they would have had a better team than many that were there. but whatevs.

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Save your outrage, the team was dead long before Floyd's email.

Why do you think the team was dead long before? ToC snub?

I have several friends and former teammates on the BF team, I'm glad I'm not in their position... Two of them just came off of privateer self supported seasons, so it's like double sucky for them to go back to the financial/time poor house after having a taste of a slightly better life.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Rip:30 said:
Why do you think the team was dead long before? ToC snub? .

One of the reasons I think they are dead is because they were trying to run a team on donations, GiveBack and all! Well I gave GaveBack with a large donation at their team presentation and never even got a thank you! They even took your address and email address down when you donated, so could easily say thanks - so right off the back that is bad form and left a bad taste in my mouth that I would never donate again. You need sponsors to run a team, not donations so that wasn't a good biz model.

Too many people running the show that were trying to capitalize on something being big sometime. Poseurs.

Bahati is a good guy, so it's sad to see this happen to him if it's true and sad he got sucked into all this. Lets up he end up on another team.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
firestorm said:
One of the reasons I think they are dead is because they were trying to run a team on donations, GiveBack and all! Well I gave GaveBack with a large donation at their team presentation and never even got a thank you! They even took your address and email address down when you donated, so could easily say thanks - so right off the back that is bad form and left a bad taste in my mouth that I would never donate again. You need sponsors to run a team, not donations so that wasn't a good biz model.

it was similar with iTeamNova.com I don't know if you would have known enough about them to remember but David McKenzie started a team based upon donation. The difference was that for an annual membership fee you received a lot of things such as ride shirts, email updates, web access, publicity events etc.

And that still failed. I would have thought at the time that it proved that it was a flawed model.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Floyd/Kali the destroyer. I wanted to see Floyd/Hamilton in the ToC last year to see what they could accomplish, this year I could care less after Tyler was banished once again. Those two are a pair. Floyd/ the anti Armstrong forum posters are out of their gourds. The breaking of OMERTA needs to take place in baby steps. Obviously Floyd/Forum posters do not follow other major sports.

The bottom line is this, all sports need to clean up. If Floyd/Forum/LeMond/Walsh/Betsy/Cosy beehive/Joe Papp choose to focus on Postal/Discovery/Bruyneel/Armstrong/Contador that is fine and dandy. However the ramifications are these individuals will push American cycling sponsorships and American racers away.

The other more important problem is it will make it easier for the other major professional sports to finger point at Lance /Shack pro and amatuer cycling and
basically show our sport to be BS a harbinger of cheats. While the major sports cheat and cheating will most likely amplify.

If I were an intelligent kid after all this comes down I would never even ride my bike to school after what is coming up. The bike industry is going to take a major downfall in what will happen now in the next 2 years. We must stand up and applaud Walsh/Betsy/Cosy Beehive/Joe Papp/ Mr. LeMond and Floyd Landis. It will be up to you folks to resurect the carnage and destuction on global cycling which Floyd Landis has precipitated.

I think we in America will be set back in cycling 30 years.

I am sorry about Bahati. It will happen to all US cycling in the next 2 years.

flicker said:
Floyd/Kali the destroyer. I wanted to see Floyd/Hamilton in the ToC last year to see what they could accomplish, this year I could care less after Tyler was banished once again. Those two are a pair. Floyd/ the anti Armstrong forum posters are out of their gourds. The breaking of OMERTA needs to take place in baby steps. Obviously Floyd/Forum posters do not follow other major sports.

The bottom line is this, all sports need to clean up. If Floyd/Forum/LeMond/Walsh/Betsy/Cosy beehive/Joe Papp choose to focus on Postal/Discovery/Bruyneel/Armstrong/Contador that is fine and dandy. However the ramifications are these individuals will push American cycling sponsorships and American racers away.

The other more important problem is it will make it easier for the other major professional sports to finger point at Lance /Shack pro and amatuer cycling and
basically show our sport to be BS a harbinger of cheats. While the major sports cheat and cheating will most likely amplify.

If I were an intelligent kid after all this comes down I would never even ride my bike to school after what is coming up. The bike industry is going to take a major downfall in what will happen now in the next 2 years. We must stand up and applaud Walsh/Betsy/Cosy Beehive/Joe Papp/ Mr. LeMond and Floyd Landis. It will be up to you folks to resurect the carnage and destuction on global cycling which Floyd Landis has precipitated.

I think we in America will be set back in cycling 30 years.

I am sorry about Bahati. It will happen to all US cycling in the next 2 years.

Your solution seems to be that everyone stays quiet and let the doping continue. That is the way to save cycling in the United States?

Aus_Orca said:
So chances are you will remove a few now only for others to fill the void........reckon someone already has.......how is Bertie anyways haven't heard so much as a peep from him over this?

Maybe AC hasn't said anything because the press hasn't asked him for his opinion. :eek:

Hot tip: The brain is for thinking....

flicker said:
...The bottom line is this, all sports need to clean up. If Floyd/Forum/LeMond/Walsh/Betsy/Cosy beehive/Joe Papp choose to focus on Postal/Discovery/Bruyneel/Armstrong/Contador that is fine and dandy. However the ramifications are these individuals will push American cycling sponsorships and American racers away...

If Lance Armstrong is the focus of many of these revelations, it's only because he put himself in the position (w/ the help of Weisel, Johnson, et al) of being at the center of the most sophisticated and logistically-complex doping program in pro cycling. What would you expect to happen? The guy wanted to be the Godfather, and so he is. Just like John Gotti.

Ultimately, responsibility for any damage to cycling belongs to those people who put themselves in a position to be disgraced (i.e., not Greg LeMond). And yes, I realize where I sit in this.

TRENDING THREADS