• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ban Radios

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
After reading Bjarne Riis arrogant comment about how he broadcast the precise moment to Cancellara to attack Boonen in Paris-Roubaix I think this is proof that the radios should be banned. Cancellara should have had the tactical nous to make this move himself, not be instructed by someone sitting in a car watching a tv screen. All this crap from the riders about safety can be alleviated by having Race Radio warn them of coming danger. Race Radio should be the ONLY signal that the riders can hear. Then we will see who the REAL tactical riders are.
Cheers.
Benny

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Uh. Wrong forum for one. On another, it didn't matter if Riis pulled the trigger or not. That onslaught was coming sooner or later, and Boonen wouldn't have been able to hold on.

scribe said:
Uh. Wrong forum for one. On another, it didn't matter if Riis pulled the trigger or not. That onslaught was coming sooner or later, and Boonen wouldn't have been able to hold on.
seriously, he just rode away from everyone. and Cancellera said he did the attack himself in the post race interview, if i read it correctly. legs won that race.

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The point I'm making is that the riders (team leader) should be calling the shots. There are too many Robots riding while the brains are in the car. Ban the radios, let the riders think for themselves. It will make the racing alot more interesting.
Cheers.
Benny

TRENDING THREADS