• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Basso still lying his a$$ off

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Is this the same Basso whose sister (Elisa) and brother-in-law (Eddy Mazzoleni) are banned from coming close to races?

The same one who graced the cycling world with an "extraterrestrial" performance at the 2006 Giro?

Oh yeah. That would be the one.
yeah, silicone-front-end-Basso. Believed she did a jig for Armstrong. So much good for too many people.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Eh, Floyd was saying something like riders were afraid of Puerto too much and seriously condidered the possibility of not juicing themselves up in the Tour. Looking at these charts, it doesn't sound plausible. :eek: But now we see that even arrest and confiscation of bb's didn't stop Ufe's working activity! What a fan of his business. Seemingly Spanish police took some trash (old used bb's) off rather than actual tour bags, if everyone comes to the Tour fully equipped.

As to TT, it is not very likely that transfusions gave such a huge boost. Apparently Basso used to use EPO heavily but later on had to stop it.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
airstream said:
Eh, Floyd was saying something like riders were afraid of Puerto too much and seriously condidered the possibility of not juicing themselves up in the Tour. Looking at these charts, it doesn't sound plausible. :eek: But now we see that even arrest and confiscation of bb's didn't stop Ufe's working activity! What a fan of his business. Seemingly Spanish police took some trash (old used bb's) off rather than actual tour bags, if everyone comes to the Tour fully equipped.

As to TT, it is not very likely that transfusions gave such a huge boost. Apparently Basso used to use EPO heavily but later on had to stop it.
@

Levi's

timetrial.

he was sick, in blue jeans

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thread title is a winner. Basso is still lying.

"I contacted Dr. Fuentes because his system could give me an advantage in cycling. I acknowledge that on my account it was a weakness, a weakness so as to pursue a dream to win [the Tour].

"Three blood extractions took place in the fall of 2005, but the blood was never re-injected [into] me. My intention was to use the blood for winning the Tour in 2006, but as the network was dismantled in May 2006, it was never done," he said.

Basso did win the 2006 Giro d'Italia prior to his non-start at the Tour and while he expressed remorse for his past during the video conference, he also appeared to suffer from 'memory loss' when questioned about documents that link him, through his code name "Brillo", to the controversial doctor months earlier than originally told. "I do not remember. It was years ago and my memory is not as good," he said.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-basso-agreed-to-pay-fuentes-dollar-94000-for-doping

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I think his memories are so good that Basso is browsing them in his head for years. He sincerely considers his era was stolen and with good reason.

Btw, there was mentioned about 95k in the article. Why the hell is it so expensive? Iirc according to Jaksche 1 siberia bb costed 8-10k. 9-10 BB? :confused:

Just imagine how p!$$ed he must have been in July '06 with all those BB into him, the €€€ it cost, the power he had in his leg... and the Tour starting without him :D. Same for n°1 Jan.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
What is a source of these documents? Are they a part of USASA inverstigation or anything else? Probably Gazzetta has an extended archive but doesn't want to share it.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand one thing. Iirc, Fuentes and Saiz were detained and questioned on about 20-25th May, 2006. One can assume Ufe's clinic was being searched appoximately at that time. Apparently files and BB's were confiscated in May yet. I remember that Ullrich's name leaked almost at once. But June had been relatively quiet, without considering Botero's dismissal until Spanish national RR champ took place. The question is for what Guardia Civil detained Fuentes if he instantly continued his doping practices as though nothing had happened???! On these scans we see that Basso and Ulle were transfused straight before the Tour. It is just unbelievable.

TRENDING THREADS