• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else impressed by the way BBox picked themselves up after the TTT? They won today's team race, won two stages, and have had guys in most of the breaks with real shots at even more stages.

This on top of Agritubel, AG2R, and FdJ. A great tour for the French.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Truly a great tour for the French, Bbox was strong today. If Le Mevel can limit his losses in the TT, he could finish in the top 10. He finished with the lead group today and was high up yesterday.

From the French teams only Cofidis has been dissapointing so far. Is Moncoutie getting sick or peaked too early in Dauphine? Could be his nerves failing him too though. FDJ has been close to a stage win with Casar, who has been 2nd two times in this years Tour and Le Mevel is looking good to hold a Top-10 spot in the final GC. Fedrigo might have a try for the polka dot tomorrow but I don't think he is going to shake Pellizotti.

The French have done well in the Tour this year and this season in general. I would like to think of this as a er, positive sign that things are improving in the peloton. Would be nice if this is the case.

Bbox have done extremely well considering they were not showing much form pre-Tour. AG2R have also had a great Tour with not much pre-Tour results. In terms of budget, Agritubel have been a revelation, especially Brice Feillu a neo-pro. Vive le France.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
This could easily degenerate to a "who has been the most surprisingly impressive team of the tour thread?".

I have to vote Agritubel as FDJ, BBox and Ag2r have had a long time to get their act together (and quite a decent budget in FDJ case).