• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Beautiful Wins

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
biokemguy said:
Stage 13 of last years tour. One of the exciting *distractioins* from the GC twitterfest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dOy6TlkuV4

I find solo wins with too big a margin less than enthralling. The drama is over long before the line..... and one always suspects (knows) that the winner is more 'lucky' than 'the conquering vanquisher'... that the peleton gave permission rather than having been beaten into submission..

Whilst I was happy for Haussler I wouldn't have called it a beaut win.if you think that's beautiful, I hope you watched the Lemond 89 worlds clip.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
89 was beautiful

I agree that the 89 worlds was a beautiful win and race.

I find any win where the rider is as overcome by emotion as Haussler obviously was beautiful.

Plus I'm a fairly new fan to the sport, and being american I haven't had easy access to many races.

This thread is one of my favorites for that reason.

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
biokemguy said:
I agree that the 89 worlds was a beautiful win and race.

I find any win where the rider is as overcome by emotion as Haussler obviously was beautiful.

Plus I'm a fairly new fan to the sport, and being american I haven't had easy access to many races.

This thread is one of my favorites for that reason.

maybe my heart has hardened

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
1980 LBL. Vids wanted!

Does anybody have a link to good video from the 1980 LBL?

I've only been able to find short clips.

hinault2-600x396.jpg

auscyclefan94 said:
I won't include my fav rider in this but one of my favourite tdf stage wins was robbie mcewen 2007 in cantebury. the way he won that and came from the back and sprinted like the others were standing still was awesome.

Another beautiful win
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ76GLwBvPY

Sorry, broken promise!

+1 agreed.......great video one for the archives along with the worlds ofcourse.....

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I won't include my fav rider in this but one of my favourite tdf stage wins was robbie mcewen 2007 in cantebury. the way he won that and came from the back and sprinted like the others were standing still was awesome.

As good as that was that doesnt come close to the two greatest wins in Oz Cycling history to date...

2009 Worlds
2007 Paris Roubaix(sp?) - SBS in Oz was going to show it live but scrapped that Idea 2 weeks prior.........Bad Idea! Thanks to the net I did get to see it needless to say :D Was in tears of joy when Stuey won. See Nice Guys do finish first after all :D

One that doesnt included Aussies is Cancellara's 2010 Roubaix win - the power he showed there was beautiful as it was brutal

It may not of been a win but Sparticus's efforts in the Beijing Olympics was all class

Bag_O_Wallet said:
Oh, here's a resource I stumbled across a while back.

Lots of great, old videos, and they're very well preserved. I suspect it copies of the actual archived footage, rather than uploads of digitized VHS video.

http://www.ina.fr/sport/cyclisme/video/

Ina is such a great resource, isn't it? It's little hard to search -- I usually go through truveo.com -- but what they've got is pure gold.

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
one of my favorites is floyd landis riding away from everyone on stage 17(?) in 2006. that he would later test positive for exogenous testosterone doesn't diminish this ride to me. that was a freaking heroic ride. we may never see one like that again, although we will see plenty of drug cheats in all athletics

TRENDING THREADS