• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ben Healy is not another Benny Hill but excels in hilly terrain

Quite remarkable results this year. He finished 60% of his races in top3 so far, despite fracturing his hand in Etoile de Besseges and picked up two wins within a week of his return from the injury. I was never convinced by his u-23 results and didn't expect him to pick up a lot of results as a WT rider but he's proving me wrong this year. Will be interesting to see what he can do in bigger races if he keeps going like that.

Quite remarkable results this year. He finished 60% of his races in top3 so far, despite fracturing his hand in Etoile de Besseges and picked up two wins within a week of his return from the injury. I was never convinced by his u-23 results and didn't expect him to pick up a lot of results as a WT rider but he's proving me wrong this year. Will be interesting to see what he can do in bigger races if he keeps going like that.

I knew you wouldn't make up that stat, but i did have to go and look at it myself on PCS.
3 out 5 podiums is indeed remarkable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
I reckon he was by far the strongest rider in the race. He pulled and pulled and pulled, attacked, pulled, bridged when someone else attacked, pulled some more. Perhaps he could've saved himself a little and win the race but it was an amazing display of power.

Is he riding AGR? What are we expecting from him there?

I read he will be riding Ardennes and Giro.

I think it's a bit hard to assess what he can do in Amstel - today is the first time I have watched him race since he became good, but top 10 seems likely.

Reactions: Sandisfan