• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ben Swift Discussion Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dazed and Confused said:
yea, a very fine stage win today. Probably his best win imo.

No reason he can't climb into top 5 in AGR based on this form.

BP, FW and LBL no chance.

Dunno. Is he explosive enough? Can he follow a select group that might punch away in the start of the Cauberg? Certainly if he manages to be part of a select group on the top he can outsprint almost everyone.

Looking forward to it.

Nice win today.

Very impressed with Swift this season so far, I thought he may just fade away after a mediocre year last time but he has shown some real toughness to win today and podium at MSR. I never expected him to be able to stay in a vastly reduced group that Kreuziger then Valverde had reduced on a toughish climb. I will have to watch the final climb back again to see if he was in any trouble as I never really watched out for him!

Maybe a top 10 at AGR isn't out the question and could be in with a good shout if it isn't raced hard. He won't ever match the top sprinters but showing he can fight will get him good results when the fast man can't get over the hills.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Which GT is he scheduled to ride? Giro?

He's been showing great form all season thus far, if he can hold it into the Ardennes and Giro he could definitely have the chance of taking some more big wins. Good to see him living up to his potential after dealing with a number of injuries and setbacks.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Second stage of Tour finishes in his home town. And that stage is quite hilly but sprinters should make it.

I think he's very much targeting that stage in particular :D

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Second stage of Tour finishes in his home town. And that stage is quite hilly but sprinters should make it.

I think he's very much targeting that stage in particular :D

Is he on the roster for Sky at the TdF?

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
He might. EBH is going to Giro it seems.

So it'd make sense for him to go Tour.

Plus as it begins in UK, they will want maximum British riders in the team.

BYOP88 said:
Is he on the roster for Sky at the TdF?

Afrank said:
Which GT is he scheduled to ride? Giro?

He's been showing great form all season thus far, if he can hold it into the Ardennes and Giro he could definitely have the chance of taking some more big wins. Good to see him living up to his potential after dealing with a number of injuries and setbacks.

I think SKY is still sorting out the particulars in the aftermath of their Porte and Henao problems, despite him being one of their few success stories this season(so far) he is still a minor piece in the SKY puzzle.
I think he'll do the Giro(or at least some of it), it just makes the most sense for both him AND the team. The team has very little to do in the Giro and it would be great for them to have a sprinter in the race and Swift needs as many results as he can get ahead of the Tour, not only to convince Brailsford et al that he should be in the Tour IX but also that he shuld be allowed to sprint, maybe even get the help of EBH/Wiggo/Eisel.

TRENDING THREADS