• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Beryl Burton.. Did she...

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
happychappy said:
Not saying this is the case here but.. isn't there a condition where the person in question has female genitalia on the "outside" but still has male genitals inside - so male physiology and all its advantages but able to compete as a woman?
Like I say I'm not suggesting Beryl Burton was this way, I'm just wondering if it really is an actual condition and could someone with that condition get away with it? I'm thinking of the Olympic female athletes that look more manly than Jason Statham.

Article on this very subject and the gender verification process now abandoned by the IOC. http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/transvestites-sport-olympics-gender-identity-process-138

TRENDING THREADS