• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best Cycling Media Sources

So everyone on this Forum is a big road cycling fan like myself.
What would you say are the best forms of media to get your cycling news and discussion?
Post if you know of any others

News
Cycling news is clearly imo the best
Cycling weekly is another
Velo news 2

Podcasts
Cycling news
Cycling podcast is quality and free
Velocast
Cycling weekly and ITV at the tour.

Blogs
Inner ring
I don't know many others

Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
CyclingQuotes is very good. They have very in-depth previews of all races and stages. Though to be fair, often they are really too long.

CyclingQuotes.com is awful. Besides their in-deph previews, which are often full of errors and don't exactly ooze knowledge, their actual 'news' are stolen from most major websites, including CN.com. Sometimes they won't even bother to change the text.

Re: Re:

BigMac said:
Hugo Koblet said:
CyclingQuotes is very good. They have very in-depth previews of all races and stages. Though to be fair, often they are really too long.

CyclingQuotes.com is awful. Besides their in-deph previews, which are often full of errors and don't exactly ooze knowledge, their actual 'news' are stolen from most major websites, including CN.com. Sometimes they won't even bother to change the text.
I agree that as a news site, it's not very good. But I disagree on their previews, which I think are quite good although a bit too long and they often repeat themselves. I haven't noticed a lot of mistakes. Sure there are some minor ones here and there, but overall I think that they do a pretty good job.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Just follow the news on twitter. Mihal Cazacu, Ciclismo2005, Thijs Zonneveld, Sandoval, Meseguer. Bunch of good guys/girls around there.

Apart from that: biciciclismo, Spaziociclismo, Sporza, Wielerflits, CN, Steephill, inrng, Revista Mundo Ciclisto and many more

Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Does anyone know of any good french sources? L'equipe is an obvious one but I question their journalists leave a lot to be desired

In its day-to-day reporting L'Equipe has a particular national slant, just like CyclingWeekly and VeloNews do. But its real value lies in its longer investigative pieces, which go far beyond anything most of what's done in the English-speaking media. (Also: its daily print editions during the TDF are veritable encyclopedias of interesting information and reportage.) The only reason why L'Equipe has a bad rep among Anglophone readers is because it was consistently demonized during the Armstrong years as having some kind of "agenda." In retrospect, though, I think we can appreciate that they were entirely totally right about "cycling at two speeds" and could see what was up while many of us English-speakers were still drinking the Kool-Aid.

Just like La Gazzetta is pink (jersey), l'Equipe was yellow (jersey), so very focused on cycling historically. And having the creds, the leaks, the associations (ASO for l'Equipe), which helps a lot. Yes it was demonized and...was right. They are dirt diggers, brought down the best French soccer team in the early 80's (St. Etienne), I read l'equipe every day. Online, I'm an expat.

Velo101 is a cool little French forum, the format is terrible, not too many members but some very educated ones, hardly any trolling, and guys who actually ride bikes. On the "secret climbs that could be in the TdF" subject, you get some that I had never heard about, it very deep. Definitely worth checking if you like designing courses, for example.

I quite like the Danish site Feltet.dk :)

Tonton said:
Velo101 is a cool little French forum, the format is terrible, not too many members but some very educated ones, hardly any trolling, and guys who actually ride bikes. On the "secret climbs that could be in the TdF" subject, you get some that I had never heard about, it very deep. Definitely worth checking if you like designing courses, for example.

I'm gonna assume the ability to speak French will also be quite advantageous. :p

Re: Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
BigMac said:
Hugo Koblet said:

I agree that as a news site, it's not very good. But I disagree on their previews, which I think are quite good although a bit too long and they often repeat themselves. I haven't noticed a lot of mistakes. Sure there are some minor ones here and there, but overall I think that they do a pretty good job.

Agree mate, I think their previews are sound.

RedheadDane said:
I quite like the Danish site Feltet.dk :)

Tonton said:

I'm gonna assume the ability to speak French will also be quite advantageous. :p
Yes :eek: . With a very basic knowledge, you can see what the threads mean, and the climbs names (col de) are universal. Some little gems out there, like in the Lyon area, the Forez, where an epic TdF stage, RVV stage could be designed.

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Last several years I've used http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/ as my go-to source for catching up on what news is going on. I can understand why they be disliked by other sites though, since they are largely a compilation of news from many other sites re-posting stuff they wrote first. But that kind of nature allows them to rarely miss anything and it all look neat and quick for me, so I go for it. Also their reports from post stage reactions are a great compilation I like, seeking out dozen+ different team press releases and articles after every stage/race into one. And for original content they have their pre-race and pre-stage previews for pretty much everything which I consider to be the best ones out there normally.

TRENDING THREADS