• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

best descender

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

best descender

• popovych

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
woodie said:
I think one day they should do a downhill time trial, send them all down a mountain and see what the times are like. That would be a better way to see where they all stand, although I don't think it would ever happen

The giro did that once :p Down the poggio :p

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
c&cfan said:
based in what i saw so far the winner is cancellara. but i am a young guy you know. lol

i would like to know what's the deal with some guys regarding gilbert's weight.

some people here are always saying things like he is all big and muscular, has upper body muscles and that's why he is cool... bla bla.

i never saw that. isnt gilbert 15 to 20 kg lighter than an 82kg cancellara hushovd bonnen etc? yes he is..

if he is so muscular with 67kg and 1.75m, i must be really amazing with 1.80m and 84kg at 13%fat. lol cut the crap fanboys. xD but he really knows how to descend. amazing video pistolero.

Hey, I find Cancellara the best descender as well. Some say Hushovd but there aren't many vids of him descending, so I'd like to see it first.

About Phil being muscular. Compared to other cyclists of his weight category he does look more bulkier. But I find for example Nibali to look bulkier as well compared to his other GC rivals.

But when you see Cancellara on a bike that's way bigger and muscular. But the most insane I've ever seen from a cyclist(with my own eyes, not tv) is Greipel. That guy is even more muscular than Cancellara in his legs and his upper body is also quite muscular. He's a machine.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
woodie said:
Really? Cool. It would be better to see them do it down a proper mountain though

Poggio is one of the most dangerous descends in the cycling world.

It was in 1987 and Stephen Roche won it. After that he was yelling that the organizers were trying to kill them.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Poggio is one of the most dangerous descends in the cycling world.

It was in 1987 and Stephen Roche won it. After that he was yelling that the organizers were trying to kill them.

Oh ok. My bad. That came out wrong. How long is the poggio? Because I was thinking something that is closer to 15 or 20km. Which stage was it?

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Hey, I find Cancellara the best descender as well. Some say Hushovd but there aren't many vids of him descending, so I'd like to see it first.

About Phil being muscular. Compared to other cyclists of his weight category he does look more bulkier. But I find for example Nibali to look bulkier as well compared to his other GC rivals.

But when you see Cancellara on a bike that's way bigger and muscular. But the most insane I've ever seen from a cyclist(with my own eyes, not tv) is Greipel. That guy is even more muscular than Cancellara in his legs and his upper body is also quite muscular. He's a machine.

Didn't Cancellara crash twice in the wet TT won by a heavily doped and partly mummified Vino!

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Voted for Hushovd, eventhough we rarely get to see him descent, most of the pros mention him as the best, and i guess they should know...

TRENDING THREADS