• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best doped up performance of the year award (2014)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

the nominations are..

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
sniper said:
Garmin are good at getting results while creating an aura of being anti-doping.
If you decide to dope, the Garmin way is probably the best (i.e. cleverest) way.
Saxo and Astana are clearly taking too many risks.
Sky have good protection from above, but they appear not to be very clever with doping.
Dan Martin is seen as clean by many. He's the winner of this poll for me.

Huh? In the life-time of Astana, Riis hasn't had any of his riders popped (Contador and Kreuziger are from Astana, Rogers cleared), while Astana has had countless.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
Huh? In the life-time of Astana, Riis hasn't had any of his riders popped (Contador and Kreuziger are from Astana, Rogers cleared), while Astana has had countless.
true story.
I guess what i mean is that Tinkoff is rubbing it in our faces a bit too much.
His arrogance is fun to watch but might backfire.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
I wish I'd have had the patience to get to the Walsh selection...gold. Pulled the trigger as soon as I saw Nibali.
premature ejaculation. they have pills and techniques for that ned

pastronef said:
I'll go with Majka:

Giro-Tour-Poland as a boss
That's called pulling a Szmyd with actual results; he still missed out on the Dauphine that softie wannabe... :D

Still the most charged performance of the season is definitely Col du Beal. As far as I remember only Rasmussen-Contador up Peyresourde were even comparable to those sick accelerations. Alberto I love you, Chris I really don't like you but you both were through the roof that day :D

Honorable mention should go to Dr Taus' team: The HotSteppers.

There are many ridiculous performances, but I found the Gewiss style ITT in the Giro pretty remarkable.

Result of Stage 12 (ITT) » Barbaresco › Barolo (42.2k):
1 URAN RigobertoOmega Pharma - Quick-Step168057:3443.984
2 ULISSI DiegoLampre-Merida8501:1743.025
3 EVANS CadelBMC Racing Team4351:3442.818
4 MAJKA RafałTinkoff-Saxo2251:3942.758
5 BRAMBILLA GianlucaOmega Pharma - Quick-Step1181:5342.590
6 POELS WoutOmega Pharma - Quick-Step152:0042.507
7 KELDERMAN WilcoBelkin-Pro Cycling Team122:0342.471
8 DE GENDT ThomasOmega Pharma - Quick-Step102:0742.424
9 POZZOVIVO DomenicoAG2R La Mondiale82:0942.400
10 GRETSCH PatrickAG2R La Mondiale62:1242.365

Thats 4 Phama boys in the top 10. Brambilla? wtf. Poels? are you kidding me.

Note: Ulissi got popped here.

Dazed and Confused said:
Honorable mention should go to Dr Taus' team: The HotSteppers.

There are many ridiculous performances, but I found the Gewiss style ITT in the Giro pretty remarkable.

Result of Stage 12 (ITT) » Barbaresco › Barolo (42.2k):
1 URAN RigobertoOmega Pharma - Quick-Step168057:3443.984
2 ULISSI DiegoLampre-Merida8501:1743.025
3 EVANS CadelBMC Racing Team4351:3442.818
4 MAJKA RafałTinkoff-Saxo2251:3942.758
5 BRAMBILLA GianlucaOmega Pharma - Quick-Step1181:5342.590
6 POELS WoutOmega Pharma - Quick-Step152:0042.507
7 KELDERMAN WilcoBelkin-Pro Cycling Team122:0342.471
8 DE GENDT ThomasOmega Pharma - Quick-Step102:0742.424
9 POZZOVIVO DomenicoAG2R La Mondiale82:0942.400
10 GRETSCH PatrickAG2R La Mondiale62:1242.365

Thats 4 Phama boys in the top 10. Brambilla? wtf. Poels? are you kidding me.

Note: Ulissi got popped here.

Difficult to call these performances truly remarkable when they where beaten by old man Evans:confused:

Tabriz Petrochemical Team at the Tour of Japan as Pourseyedi and Mizbani just ride away from everybody for minutes.

37-year-old French no-name amateur Peter Pouly rides away from Tabriz Petrochemical Team while they're doing their thing in Indonesia.

Mick Rogers, like Klöden but even less likable.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Misleading poll... sorry Sceptic...

I mean where is the craziest doped performance of them all option? A half-dead 43 year old finishing the TdF 17th. A guy when healthy and young wasn´t even considered to be in any TdF roster...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Contador is coming with a late race, has overtaken nibbles, and is behind walsh.

20 to 19 to 18 currently.

few more voters for Walsh pls

Libertine Seguros said:
Tabriz Petrochemical Team at the Tour of Japan as Pourseyedi and Mizbani just ride away from everybody for minutes.

37-year-old French no-name amateur Peter Pouly rides away from Tabriz Petrochemical Team while they're doing their thing in Indonesia.

Mick Rogers, like Klöden but even less likable.

I actually like Mick, and not just because he races for TCS ;)

Vayer is pretty confident Pouly is clean, but I don't really listen to anything he blurts out honestly.

sniper said:
Garmin are good at getting results while creating an aura of being anti-doping.
If you decide to dope, the Garmin way is probably the best (i.e. cleverest) way.
Saxo and Astana are clearly taking too many risks.
Sky have good protection from above, but they appear not to be very clever with doping.
Dan Martin is seen as clean by many. He's the winner of this poll for me.

Wouldn't the 'best' doper be the least suspicious then, by that definition? Like, why isn't the poll just a bunch of last place finishers? Take Thomas Dekker, for example. What is a more brilliant way of ensuring you don't get caught than being on an 'anti-doping' team, and also totally sucking? I vote Thomas Dekker according to your criteria.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
del1962 said:
I don't think he is any more obsessed than a whole load of posters are with David Walsh, I guess hell has no fury like a woman scorned:D

Or as the poster in question is obsessed with AC, while many are with Sky and especially Froome...
So what are the differences?
1.) My disgust for old alien seems to be an obsession, yet I only call out his most grotesque performances. I may have posted 200 times about Horner. That´s the amount of anti Sky/Froome threads opened.
2.) It´s bizarre a 16.000 posts fangirl of a doper calls someone obssesed. Just look in the mirror girl. You will spot true obssesion...

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Or as the poster in question is obsessed with AC, while many are with Sky and especially Froome...
So what are the differences?
1.) My disgust for old alien seems to be an obsession, yet I only call out his most grotesque performances. I may have posted 200 times about Horner. That´s the amount of anti Sky/Froome threads opened.

Yes, but what has he got to do with this discussion? Or do you really believe #17 at the TDF is more doped up than the actual GT winners? You keep bringing him up in discussions he has no place in.

2.) It´s bizarre a 16.000 posts fangirl of a doper calls someone obssesed. Just look in the mirror girl. You will spot true obssesion...

Have I ever denied I am obsessed? :D unlike you I can face the truth

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Yes, but what has he got to do with this discussion? Or do you really believe #17 at the TDF is more doped up than the actual GT winners? You keep bringing him up in discussions he has no place in.

Yes I truly believe a 17th CG placing (at the biggest stage race as domestique, as "warm-up" for the Vuelta) by a rider who was so bad that he didn´t got a spot on a TdF roster when being young, yet when even blood doped riders like Rijs or Zoetemelk coudn´t keep up with the speed once they got past circa 35 (thus had to retire), he reaches new levels, with damaged lungs and legs, aged 40whatever. The most absurd doping performances. Even worse than Bolt or LA ever were...

LaFlorecita said:
Have I ever denied I am obsessed? :D unlike you I can face the truth

Fair point. :)
Anyway, I am not obsessed with Horner. I am just angry that he straight faced LA like insults our intelligence... and he gets away with it (so far).

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Yes I truly believe a 17th CG placing (at the biggest stage race as domestique) by a rider who was so bad that he didn´t got a spot on a TdF roster when being young, yet when even blood doped riders like Rijs or Zoetemelk coudn´t keep up with the speed once they got past circa 35 (thus had to retire), he reaches new levels, with damaged lungs and legs, aged 40whatever. The most absurd doping performances. Even worse than Bolt or LA ever were...

Fair point. :)
Anyway, I am not obsessed with Horner. I am just angry that he straight faced LA like insults our intelligence... and he gets away with it (so far).
If Horner was the only one doing this, I would sympatise with you. But that is hardly the case... Not by a long shot..

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Samson777 said:
If Horner was the only one doing this, I would sympatise with you. But that is hardly the case... Not by a long shot..

Who else came up with something grotesque as Horner? Half dead/injured/sick, old, improving past 40... Sorry I don´t see it. Maybe in Bodybuilding and WWE such strange things happen too. But I don´t count those freak shows as sport.

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Who else came up with something grotesque as Horner? Half dead/injured/sick, old, improving past 40... Sorry I don´t see it. Maybe in Bodybuilding and WWE such strange things happen too. But I don´t count those freak shows as sport.

Why should Horner have access to products that the others don't? Every Top GC rider dopes at the limit of the regulations. Do you think big teams like Sky or Tinkoff don't give the best of the best to their stars?
Or that Contador/Froome/ Nibali have worse doctors than Horner?
It doesn't make sense.

He isn't half dead. He declines very slowly. It must be a combination of factors. Of course he didn't "exploit" his full potential - in every way - when he was at the peak of his physical ability.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts