• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best forum memes

Best and funniest forum meme

• Total voters
I guess Fuglsang's husbands and Vino's liquor cabinet are both the Vino option.

Evenepoel would've won this is another recent candidate.

I also enjoyed all the duck jokes during the Giro. But that's hardly a surprise given that most of them were mine.

Totally forgot about the husbands thing which should be on the list.

Ignored the Remco would’ve won thing because I wanted to keep it light hearted not actually directly about the racing.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Really, I don't even know most memes, partly because I've not been on this forum long enough and partly because I've forgotten them. Generally I feel like the jokes were very different back when this forum was more of a Contador fanclub. The forum very different in general. I think the discussions were a lot more heated, for the better and for the worse.

To come back to memes, I remember in the 2018 there was a Yates fan who threw a tantrum after the Etna stage because Yates let Chaves win the stage and for a week or so he couldn't stop complaining about the precious time (4 seconds to be precise) Yates lost that way. Of course people were starting to make jokes about it and it only got better when Yates cracked on the Finestre and was suddenly half an hour behind. The joke wasn't around for very long but Yates' 4 seconds was one I found pretty funny.

Really, I don't even know most memes, partly because I've not been on this forum long enough and partly because I've forgotten them. Generally I feel like the jokes were very different back when this forum was more of a Contador fanclub. The forum very different in general. I think the discussions were a lot more heated, for the better and for the worse.

To come back to memes, I remember in the 2018 there was a Yates fan who threw a tantrum after the Etna stage because Yates let Chaves win the stage and for a week or so he couldn't stop complaining about the precious time (4 seconds to be precise) Yates lost that way. Of course people were starting to make jokes about it and it only got better when Yates cracked on the Finestre and was suddenly half an hour behind. The joke wasn't around for very long but Yates' 4 seconds was one I found pretty funny.

There was also Contador's 3 seconds over Nibali on stage 8 of the 2014 Tour, though I'm not sure if that ever became a 'meme'.

I think that forum memes are things we don't usually remember (as a meme), but once something happens or is said to trigger that memory, we recall immediately.

Anyway, looks like everyone and their grandmother is taking part in this great thread!

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS