• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best forum memes

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Best and funniest forum meme

• Total voters
Tbh I'd associate myself much more with complaining about GT routes than The Button.

Libertine Seguros has had a few, though I wouldn't call hating Sagan a meme really, but the Sepp Kuss thing is hilarious. Also Fedaia (FEDAIAAAA!!!!!), mentioning the best women rider in every rider of the year discussion. And shoutout to that one time I said there must be at least 150 climbs harder than Alpe d'Huez and LS went and made an entire list of 150 climbs

I do like the Black Album thing @Netserk. I'm not sure if it ever was a meme, but I did like @LaFlorecita's old sig referencing Hitch calling Contador the Greatest of the Nine. I think it started during the 2011 Tour or something.

CN was way different when I was still lurking. Stage threads were insane, previews could be huge. I think the first time I was lurking might actually have been the 2011 Tour de Suisse when Leipheimer beat Cunego in that final ITT, which is probably the smallest race to ever cause such rage on the forum. There also used to be some rivalry between The Dutch Mafia and some other posters, I think Aussieyclefan but most of this was before I posted here.

FEDAIAAAA!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

P.S. My favourite I think.

Last edited:
There was also Contador's 3 seconds over Nibali on stage 8 of the 2014 Tour, though I'm not sure if that ever became a 'meme'.
Nah, that's no meme. That's just a bad argument

Anyone remember El Pistolero? He wasn't backwards in coming forwards.
El Pistoleros golden moments came when people were discussing Valverde, with stuff like "his LBL wins don't count as real monument wins, his Vuelta doesn't count as a real gt win and all his other wins were unimportant because they were neither monuments nor gt's.

I feel like a quarter of them are Libertine Seguros.

Nuke/burn the Tourmalet, and more recently PDBF.

Mick freaking Rogers.

Short stages don't work in and of themselves.

I cannot think of them all. But there have been many things over the years that have made LS want to kill kittens.
Drowning kittens and burning qurans yeah that was funny.

Meanwhile, one low key thing I've always loved was @Descender coming in once a year to make one comment about how bad the Vuelta route is, although it's good to see him back a little more active this Vuelta around.

Is there any more classic than this one?

h7C9DBF36

I feel like a quarter of them are Libertine Seguros.

Nuke/burn the Tourmalet, and more recently PDBF.

Mick freaking Rogers.

Short stages don't work in and of themselves.

I cannot think of them all. But there have been many things over the years that have made LS want to kill kittens.
I mean isn't @Libertine Seguros a bit of a meme themselves, writing a scientific 50 page essay about race designing every time someone points out, that good stage recently was actually rather short.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS