• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best forum memes

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Best and funniest forum meme

• Total voters
"All Froome's fault."

Formerly on Red Rick's profile pic and should become a forum meme.
It all started with some talk tennis warehouse poster deciding that the guy from a documentary called "being ginger" was definitely me . That lead to "it's all Federer's fault" and then I got lazy and took it to CN. There was a Red Rick salty tears thing going on that was way funnier

Doesn't really work that well with the avi outlining tho

24808.jpg

It all started with some talk tennis warehouse poster deciding that the guy from a documentary called "being ginger" was definitely me . That lead to "it's all Federer's fault" and then I got lazy and took it to CN. There was a Red Rick salty tears thing going on that was way funnier

24808.jpg

Red Rick's salty tears breaking through their dam wall would definitely be reason enough for race neutralisation!

Reactions: Sandisfan

24808.jpg
Today I learned there are people who have 48 hours a day to be addicted to two seperate sports forums

Legend says that when the first poll on CN was made, the final option was already Vino
As I remember it, there were a lot of 'who will win this race?' type polls back in late '09 and early '10 when Vino first returned. At first people were divided about his return but as time went by that intangible X factor he brought in his unpredictability meant he became a popular pick for 'write-in' votes under 'other' in those polls, somebody (might have been Hitch) added 'Other/Vino' as the 10th option in a poll, to acknowledge the number of write-ins for him, then it became a running gag on every "who will win?" for stages, especially after he won a perceived flat stage in the 2010 Tour. For a while, the mods had even put it so that if you had a poll, 'other' would default to 'Other/Vino' meaning he became an option for polls like "best format of racing" or "best climb in northern Italy" or stuff like that.
El Pistoleros golden moments came when people were discussing Valverde, with stuff like "his LBL wins don't count as real monument wins, his Vuelta doesn't count as a real gt win and all his other wins were unimportant because they were neither monuments nor gt's.
Pisti's traditional modus operandi was to post an extremely selective rundown of two rider's palmarès, omitting lots of races from the palmarès of the rider he didn't like (often Valverde), and insult the field of the competition in those races while trumping up the strength of the fields in the races his preferred rider had done well in - even if they were the same race. For one rider, the Vuelta 2011 was a joke race with Sergey Lagutin just outside the top 10, Maxime Monfort in the top 5 and a top 3 who'd never podiumed a GT before; for another rider it was a phenomenally strong field with several past and future multi-time champions, the reigning Giro winner (even though Scarponi hadn't acquired that Giro yet and was a non-factor in the Vuelta) and the previous year's champion-elect.
Imagine a TTT around the streets of Schoten, the city which lays asphalt to the finale of Scheldeprijs.
I would prefer not to.

And that's pretty much the only thing that's wrong with this forum.
Where are the references to Whitney/Róisín Murphy/Jane Austen/Glee/Figure Skating?

I think the people on this forum are incapable of laying aside their pride and prejudice towards musical teen dramedies and succumb to the beauty of Evgeni Plushenko.

It's not right but it's okay.

Last edited:
Not totally sure if this was correct, but because Vino sort of epitomised everything about cycling, having him as the "other" option could have meant that all bases were covered.

His attacking style and unpredictability gave him a part Contador/Alaphalippe (angel) persona. Whilst his almost mafia crook tough guy image gave him a part Armstrong (devil) persona. Then there was his 2007 Tour which was almost Landis like in its ups and downs and clinic infamousy.

A GC guy winning on the champs and buying a monument (allegedly) definitely covers all bases.

And that's pretty much the only thing that's wrong with this forum.
Where are the references to Whitney/Róisín Murphy/Jane Austen/Glee/Figure Skating?

(And if we talk about tennis, Kvitova, Osaka and Kerber? Because actually I only watch women's tennis.)
So in this comparison Star wars, Radiohead and tennis are the so-called 'masculine' references?

So in this comparison Star wars, Radiohead and tennis are the so-called 'masculine' references?

It's not really an elaborated concept in my head and if I tried to sort it out it would get a bit messy. I am against the simple dichotomy of male/ female, but yeah, in a place with mostly women these would not be the prime points of reference. Then of course I like Star Wars and I suppose the more male topic would be Star Trek. I also like Radiohead and tennis is not per se masculine. I see your point, but as a whole that sounded like a "male" universe.
Of course I was mostly joking, I am sometimes trying to bring in a more "female/ girlish" side, but I like it the way it is here, otherwise I would not spend so much time around.

TRENDING THREADS