• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best place to sell a bike

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Where is the best place to sell a high end, brand new road bike? I've got a 2010 TCR Advanced SL1 to sell - so far it's listed in a couple of places - I wanted to see if what other people's opinions were.

Cheers,
Joel

Jul 8, 2009
www.edwardgtalbot.com
Ebay is easy enough to evaluate for a bike like that that is reasonably common. Look at the completed items and see what they've been actually going for. Getting more than that anywhere else will require someone who either doesn't like ebay or for an inexplicable reason is just willing to pay more. Obviously if you can sell it someone local, that has advantages over any web site, for both parties.

That said, with ebay, you'll pay ebay fees. In addition to ride bike review suggested by someone, try Weight Weenies:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/

go to the forum and there's a for sale thread. It has quite a few new listings per day. I've bought a couple things from there.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'm trying a few classifieds to start with - there's already been some interest so hopefully a buyer comes from there.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
for australia...gumtree, ebay, transitions, bike exchange, trading post.

Gumtree, trading post, generally lower end bikes, but you can get lucky and they are free or close to so noting lost but a little time.

transitions, I've never used them, but a friend tells me good things.

ebay, don't know what your bad experience is, I find its more a matter of luck and timing, ie if you try to sell an awesome tri bike just after a season, you'll get nothing, but hold onto until everyone wants to start training for busselton...I've noted this especially with aero gear.

bike exchange isn't bad I don't know how much traffic they pull, but you'll be listed alongside loads of cheaper shops, so second hand bang for buck your bike should look pretty good

TRENDING THREADS