• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best Russian Athlete, Vote for Menchov!

Also, dont trust Russian polls too much.

I remember the famous "greatest russian of all time".

Stalin came 3rd. Originally.

Then it turned out that to save embarasment the organisers had rigged the competition against Stalins favour, and he would have probably won otherwise.

And looking at those results im surprised Putin isnt on this list, for all his interventions in sport - critiscising russias winter olympians, setting in stone corruption 2018 etc.

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The guys just vote for Menchov. This is an honest site, I promise to lay out the plot if he wins less! Holland went for a rider. gogo Menchov!

28.8% it need 30-35 ! gogo Menchov please vote

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
A monthly poll?
You're getting all excited about that? :)

I believe that problem is not to get a win for Menchov as the athlete of the month! But to get attention of management of the biggest TV-channel to cycling itself!

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I remember that last year even though he won Giro (think more prestigious than that) he lost to Ilya Kovalchuk (or some other hockey player, I'm not quite sure) hero of Russian National hockey team, winners of World Cup 2009.

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear friends! Menchov won the voting. Of the 5 in the finals Menchov and Kaniskina. Voting in the final lasted 1 hour, Menchov finally scored 57.3% and 42.7 Kaniskina! DENIS Victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to all !!!

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Premial

He receives a prize from the channel "Russia 2" 1500000 $ not bad, yeah? And at the end of the year will be in the top 12 Russian athletes who will compete for the title of Hero of Russia + 50million $. From the Government of RF!!! Crazy money in advance Menhov!

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Denkoff said:
He receives a prize from the channel "Russia 2" 1500000 $ not bad, yeah? And at the end of the year will be in the top 12 Russian athletes who will compete for the title of Hero of Russia + 50million $. From the Government of RF!!! Crazy money in advance Menhov!

seriously he gets 150 000 dollars for winning a simple poll on a website?

TRENDING THREADS