• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best Spring Classic of 2013

Which was the best Spring Classic of the year?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
too easy unfortunately
paris-roubaix a real race from the beginning to the last meters of the velodrome
I tend to agree. In the previous years we've had a real rivalry between De Ronde and Roubaix, but since they changed the course, things just aren't the same anymore. Also Amstel, I don't like the new finish, with the extra 2 km on the flat. I'm curious if RCS will change the route of Sanremo, I remember that last year they came up with the idea of finishing the race just after the Poggio. I'm not sure it would make the race more entertaining, it would become just like FW, the riders will wait for the last hill before they attack.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Roubaix.It was a great race from start,a lot of attacks,movement all over the place,many groups,great finish,it was a gripping one.IMO better than 2012;)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Paris-Roubaix by far, it had it all. Attacks, furious gap bridging, crashes, sprints. And we didn't know who would win until the final meters. One of the best races I've seen in a long time.
MSR 2nd, E3 or LBL 3rd.

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
We got to see some great races this spring. Paris-Roubaix was the most entertaining overall. Milano-Sanremo and LBL tied for second for me. And I probably would have listed LBL as #1 if Purito had been able to hold on for the win.

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Swarley said:
So, which one was it and why? Other option includes Strade Bianche, Dwars door Vlaanderen, and Brabantse Pijl.

is it intentional that u make your polls anonymous? they are much better if we can see who voted for what.

i loved how the Ronde just exploded on the last Kwaremont-Paterberg combo. sure, PR was exciting all the way to the finish, but in hindsight, ima have to go w the RVV. it had the bigger bang. (yes, i like FW too. a lot.)

TRENDING THREADS