• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Better Cycling Experience

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Guys

I'm very curious to know that if your road bike could be adapted to make you feel more comfortable during the ride, which of these do you adjust most? I know that sounds a little bit fancy. But, yup, I mean if it could be adapted during your ride, which of these do you adjust most? Why do you want to adapted this part?

A. Saddle Height B. Saddle Angle C. Saddle Width D. Handle Bar Height E. Handle Bar Angle F. Pedal Width

Thanks!

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Chris Z said:
I'm very curious to know that if your bike could be adaptive to make you feel more comfortable during the ride, which of these do you adjust most?

A. Saddle Height B. Saddle Angle C. Saddle Width D. Handle Bar Height E. Handle Bar Angle F. Pedal Width

Do you mean adjust while you are out riding? Or in between rides?

If it's the former, only the saddle height if I have had to change a saddle or seat post I would take an allen key on the next ride to fine tune.

If it's the later, only A and B, mostly B. C took me 9 saddles to get right, will never change again.

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Night Rider said:
Do you mean adjust while you are out riding? Or in between rides?

If it's the former, only the saddle height if I have had to change a saddle or seat post I would take an allen key on the next ride to fine tune.

If it's the later, only A and B, mostly B. C took me 9 saddles to get right, will never change again.

Thanks for your reply. I mean during your ride. I sounds fancy. But, I mean it. I just really want to know how do you feel? And why? :) Thanks

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Interesting question. I would say saddle width or angle to accommodate for position changes (from on the hoods - climbing, to in the drops - riding aero.

...but I like my bike and its static dimensions during my rides and races :)