• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bicycle Touring

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Do any of you do bicycle touring? I am a member of a group called warmshowers.org and have hosted a few tourists in last six months. Two couples were riding from Alaska to Argentina. They were from Spain,Netherlands,Chile and Argentina. And a solo rider from Belgium. It has been a great experience for me. An American in Mexico having Dutch Indonesian
curried rice prepared by someone from Argentina.
I just got a request from a couple from Switzerland who are traveling around the world by bike without using any air travel. I look forward to meeting them and hearing of their adventures. I would highly recommend to any one willing to open their homes and their minds to give it a try. Warmshowers is worldwide.
If any of you get near northern Baja and need a place to stay. I have an extra bed and a warm shower waiting. And a few stories of my own.
Safe riding amigos

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
Do any of you do bicycle touring? I am a member of a group called warmshowers.org and have hosted a few tourists in last six months. Two couples were riding from Alaska to Argentina. They were from Spain,Netherlands,Chile and Argentina. And a solo rider from Belgium. It has been a great experience for me. An American in Mexico having Dutch Indonesian
curried rice prepared by someone from Argentina.
I just got a request from a couple from Switzerland who are traveling around the world by bike without using any air travel. I look forward to meeting them and hearing of their adventures. I would highly recommend to any one willing to open their homes and their minds to give it a try. Warmshowers is worldwide.
If any of you get near northern Baja and need a place to stay. I have an extra bed and a warm shower waiting. And a few stories of my own.
Safe riding amigos

OK, so I know I am the only one demented enough to think this, but you might want to change that URL. If I were going to go to warmshowers.anything, it would be to see......well, I'd change the name if it were my site.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Bala Verde said:
Isn't it similar to couchsurfing dot org? Or is it actually more tailored to the biking traveler?

yes the same as couchsurfing but for cyclists. and I am sure the dirty minds out there will turn couchsurfing into something demented. bless their twisted little minds. :)

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
Busted ElChingon. I'm really Pat McQuaid, you got 30 minutes to take a shower before your blood test and haircut

...according to Kohl, you only need 20 minutes.....

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Done various Tours of the West Coast of Scotland, West Coast of Ireland and through Ulster as a teenager and round the Mourne Mountains and County Down, Northern Ireland last year. Now living in Canada I hope to do various Tours in and around Ontario and eventually out West to the proper hills!

TRENDING THREADS