• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

BigBoat's background

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I'll admit it, he nearly drove me away from this place with his theories and lack of actual evidence (like 'x' rider is blood doping, without some evidence behind it, and if you had inside info, why would you post it on a cycling forum?), but I was able to HTFU and read the threads I want to read. But the more I read of his posts it seems he must have some sort of info on his hands. So is he a ex-pro (or a current one), a coach, a DS, doctor, scientist, a toliet cleaner, or a fan with way too much spare time?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I'll admit it, he nearly drove me away from this place with his theories and lack of actual evidence (like 'x' rider is blood doping, without some evidence behind it, and if you had inside info, why would you post it on a cycling forum?), but I was able to HTFU and read the threads I want to read. But the more I read of his posts it seems he must have some sort of info on his hands. So is he a ex-pro (or a current one), a coach, a DS, doctor, scientist, a toliet cleaner, or a fan with way too much spare time?

A little bit of column A and a little bit of column B.

I'd bet former high-level amateur.

WTF??!? I did?!? WTF was I thinking?! :eek:

Seriously, who knows about the guy. He's said some things about himself, but he's also full of shjt half the time (I am too sometimes, it's the internet after all). He's said he has been involved in cycling for 30 years. He said he was a Cat 1 or elite racer, who knows when though. He said he coached. He said once (I think a joke here, or pure BS) that he coached USAC cyclists.

Half of what he posts is knowledgeable. Half of it entertaining. And the other half (as the old saw goes) BS. But I think if you got a few beers in the guy, he'd finally admit some of that.

Some people say he's RealGains from CEM (and elsewhere) I don't think so. RealGains writes longer posts, and is more sensitive to criticism. Others have said he's Flyer from CF or CEM, DP, etc. Others said King Massimo or others from CEM and elsewhere (don't think so, King is more articulate with grammar in posts). Others said he's Tom Morris, a notorious poster on various forums I know little about. BigB reminds me of this guy that comments on a lot of cycling vids on YouTube named Mustard something or other, yelling about cow blood and vacuum cleaners filled with drugs, etc. Don't really care one way or the other (then why am I writing such a long post about it?!)

What's funny is that he'll often go on and on and I'll roll my eyes. Then he'll make a post with links that's detailed and shows some research and obvious studying of the sport. I've learned to take his posts with a grain of salt, and smile at others. Some people get peeved at the guy, but I'm hoping he sticks around.

Help me out here Craig. When in the hell did I say we shouldn't question anything by BB??? You've either done a great job of yanking my chain for fun, or someone spiked my bidon with pot belge before I posted that. :eek:

Like I said, I kind of like the guy. I find him amusing, and sometimes informative, but beyond question?!

craig1985 said:

Well all I can say is that when it comes to cycling, I really am cynical about the exploits of the participants, and this has been built up over twenty years....But the guy strongly hinted last week that I was a gullible fan...honestly the first time that has been levelled at me on a forum, as it's ALWAYS the complete opposite. He said he was sure Boardman used EPO, but no recovery products...As if he developed a conscience about the latter. Then, eventhough Obree beat Boardman's record twice, he reckoned Obree was clean, because of his bike and his talent.:confused: Oh yes he also believes that Obree just didn't realise that EPO was in existence, eventhough he ran a mile from the Le Groupement team, having seen exactly what was going on.
For the record, Boardman was noted on the continent for not even allowing the team doctors near him, such was his attitude to doping. Although he did have his own doctor in Liverpool.
I am pretty sure that BigBoat is F1Nut, a guy who used to post on ForumsBikeRreview...He knows a bit about wattages and doping prodcuts, and then seeks to impress people with this 'knowledge' - as if to say, look I know about doping products, look at me, my posts are worth reading.....
But I feel BigBoat's lack of evidence is usually farcical - his post about Cadel Evans was amusing to say the least. Anyway, the joys of the ignore function....BigBoat, you may want to contact people like Paul Kimmage, real cynical guys also, and let them know that they're also being gullible, because you seem to know far more than them, and us all....

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Help me out here Craig. When in the hell did I say we shouldn't question anything by BB??? You've either done a great job of yanking my chain for fun, or someone spiked my bidon with pot belge before I posted that. :eek:

Like I said, I kind of like the guy. I find him amusing, and sometimes informative, but beyond question?!

Look you will have to bear will me, it will take me a while to find the post.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:

Here

That's how I read it at the time. If I misread it, then I apologise.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
Well all I can say is that when it comes to cycling, I really am cynical about the exploits of the participants, and this has been built up over twenty years....But the guy strongly hinted last week that I was a gullible fan...honestly the first time that has been levelled at me on a forum, as it's ALWAYS the complete opposite. He said he was sure Boardman used EPO, but no recovery products...As if he developed a conscience about the latter. Then, eventhough Obree beat Boardman's record twice, he reckoned Obree was clean, because of his bike and his talent.:confused: Oh yes he also believes that Obree just didn't realise that EPO was in existence, eventhough he ran a mile from the Le Groupement team, having seen exactly what was going on.
all....

Digger......I thought Obree could have been a clean rider because of what he's come out and said in recent years, along with is aero positions which do make a huge diff in flat TTs. But you could be right, he could have doped too.

Is what I say about cycling not what everyody is thinking tho? Atleast in the back of their minds... Paul Kimmage knows, or atleast he's smart enough to undertand the sport after watching it for 20+ years. He doesnt need anybody to go to him. Its just that you honetly shouldnt blindly believe riders. I shouldnt have sniped off about how your a "blind fan" or whatever I said before. capiche?

People who could help stop doping work in cycling and make their living off it. Their not going to destroy it.

BigBoat said:
Digger......I thought Obree could have been a clean rider because of what he's come out and said in recent years, along with is aero positions which do make a huge diff in flat TTs. But you could be right, he could have doped too.

Is what I say about cycling not what everyody is thinking tho? Atleast in the back of their minds... Paul Kimmage knows, or atleast he's smart enough to undertand the sport after watching it for 20+ years. He doesnt need anybody to go to him. Its just that you honetly shouldnt blindly believe riders. I shouldnt have sniped off about how your a "blind fan" or whatever I said before. capiche?

People who could help stop doping work in cycling and make their living off it. Their not going to destroy it.

I don't blindly believe riders, but I don't blindly paint them all with the same brush either, as you do.
My point about Kimmage, and I too have followed cycling since the mid 80s, is that even he believes in certain high profile riders - the likes of Wiggins and VandeVelde. And evidently you don't believe in them at all. You believe it impossible to do what they have done and are doing, without the use of doping...he doesn't think so...I will be taking on board his opinions, as I do other people like himself. There are many dopers in this year's Tour, but this number is decreasing. All evidence points to this. You talk about Obree's words on doping being some evidence of him being clean (I believe completely he was clean by the way), yet Cavendish, who you also labelled a doper, has been vociferously anti-doping since he first came into the peleton. Blind devotion by me...definitely not. People like AC, Menchov, all the Astana team, etc etc, I would of course say they are doping (based on the evidence pointing to this). But it is unfair to label ALL the top 50 as dopers, based on little or no evidence for many of them.

For argument sake, do you believe Garmin are doped?
People talk about Columbia as being suspicious, but their GC standings aren't exactly outstanding. Do you believe they are running a doping programme? Their overall GC standings are pretty average, for a team on such a programme if that's the case....

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
I don't blindly believe riders, but I don't blindly paint them all with the same brush either, as you do.
My point about Kimmage, and I too have followed cycling since the mid 80s, is that even he believes in certain high profile riders - the likes of Wiggins and VandeVelde. And evidently you don't believe in them at all. You believe it impossible to do what they have done and are doing, without the use of doping...he doesn't think so...I will be taking on board his opinions, as I do other people like himself. There are many dopers in this year's Tour, but this number is decreasing. All evidence points to this. You talk about Obree's words on doping being some evidence of him being clean (I believe completely he was clean by the way), yet Cavendish, who you also labelled a doper, has been vociferously anti-doping since he first came into the peleton. Blind devotion by me...definitely not. People like AC, Menchov, all the Astana team, etc etc, I would of course say they are doping (based on the evidence pointing to this). But it is unfair to label ALL the top 50 as dopers, based on little or no evidence for many of them.

For argument sake, do you believe Garmin are doped?
People talk about Columbia as being suspicious, but their GC standings aren't exactly outstanding. Do you believe they are running a doping programme? Their overall GC standings are pretty average, for a team on such a programme if that's the case....
You cant compare Cavendish to Obree...Obree didnt have millions on the line. If Mark could make the choice between being dropped by the pack on a 500 foot vertical climb 50 km from teh finish and getting 120-150 places, or blood dope to the 50% crit limit and win the stage, win all the stages that are fairly flat...He can win, be popular, generate media exposure for himself, and make HUGE MONEY from endorsement deals in the future. Like Cippo, Zabel, heck even "fast Freddy". This world turns on money, almost all want more people are never satisfied. I'd bet the house all dopers are unsatisfied with what they have including lance, and I'd bet riders in the TDF who are not doped are satisfied with where they are and what they have. Do you want more money bro? Most do. The percentage of doped to not doped is like the percentage of people that want to win the lotto versus the percentage that dont care about becoming rich!

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
WTF??!? I did?!? WTF was I thinking?! :eek:

Seriously, who knows about the guy. He's said some things about himself, but he's also full of shjt half the time (I am too sometimes, it's the internet after all). He's said he has been involved in cycling for 30 years. He said he was a Cat 1 or elite racer, who knows when though. He said he coached. He said once (I think a joke here, or pure BS) that he coached USAC cyclists.

Clearly this man is telling the truth. Whats so unbelievable about it?
http://www.cyclingforums.com/doping/271814-my-experience-drugs-blood-doping.html

Why accuse me of being all these other screenames...When you dont have a damn clue who is who. I'm not "Frankie" I'm not "Flyer" I'm not "realgains" I'm not "KingMassimo" I'm not "mustardjunkie" I'm not whomever else. K

Hey, I just tossed that out there. I never accused you of being anyone. But thanks for bringing Mustardjunkie up. Forgot the name. Some amusing posts on YouTube, whoever that is.

You have to at least admit much of what you post is to get a rise out of people, shock therapy into seeing the dark side of the sport.

Few here believe that riders like TiMan are an isolated case. Though you sometimes act like we do. And I think that's what bothers people. There's also no guarantee that every rider in the peloton is on the same, or similar program as TiMan. Though you may deny that with fuzzy logic. And then interpret this to mean I'm implying Astana might be clean. That's what frustrates me.

craig1985 said:
Here

That's how I read it at the time. If I misread it, then I apologise.

I was responding to Aussie's statement about BigBoat:

"That comment just shows your intelligence about cycling- little to nothing."

No one can say BigBoat knows "little to nothing" about cycling. That's why I wrote what I did. I also questioned what I saw as a contradiction in BigBoat's previous comments that "they're all jacked". Meaning, every rider in pro cycling doped. So when he said, the top 50 were jacked, I playfully called him out on it.

Good thing you found it, I thought for a second it may have been the pot belge. ;)

Alpe d'Huez said:
Some people say he's RealGains from CEM (and elsewhere) I don't think so. RealGains writes longer posts, and is more sensitive to criticism. Others have said he's Flyer from CF or CEM, DP, etc. Others said King Massimo or others from CEM and elsewhere (don't think so, King is more articulate with grammar in posts). Others said he's Tom Morris, a notorious poster on various forums I know little about. BigB reminds me of this guy that comments on a lot of cycling vids on YouTube named Mustard something or other, yelling about cow blood and vacuum cleaners filled with drugs, etc. Don't really care one way or the other (then why am I writing such a long post about it?!)

If someone is ranting about cow blood then it has to be Flyer/Tom Morris. If you ever want to find stuff by him on the Internet then google for "cycling", "cow blood", and "comments" sometime. He spent years writing posts on news sites that accept comments about articles, raging about Armstrong, Nike, and cow blood. Note that BigBoat's new avatar is a Nike avatar.

I'll have to check this Mustardjunkie out on Youtube. It could be good for a laugh.

TiMan was Realgains. He told me so. He was also full of sh!t when it came to blood doping. His tale of a doctor on his Cat 1 team helping the team blood dope does not pass the smell test along with several other details in his story. Some of his information sounds like it was derived from the doping story in Outside Magazine. His info about various steroids is legit.

I still think BigBoat is Flyer/Tom Morris. He was practically gloating about it in that post where he asked us if we really knew who Flyer was. Flyer also joined this forum early on using my user name and the names of a number of members of CF. He was banned but a ban never stops him from coming back. BigBoat has also posted a number of links to old CF threads. Flyer has spent the last year making invisible posts to old CF threads.

I don't remember Realgains being as repetitive as BigBoat is. BigBoat also retains a personality feature of Flyer that he does not ever consider that anything he posts might be wrong. He writes like he thinks he is chiseling Holy Writ into stone tablets. One disparity is that the some of BigBoat's language similar to Realgains, which is why I have entertained the possibility that Realgains and Flyer/Tom Morris are the same "person." After Flyer was banned on CF, TiMan joined. Members like House were quick to accuse TiMan of being a new name for Flyer.

F1Nut on RBR was Realgains.

As far as professions, Tom Morris is a fifty year old CPA. Realgains is some sort of low level medical professional like a nurse or physical therapist.

May 20, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
If someone is ranting about cow blood then it has to be Flyer/Tom Morris. If you ever want to find stuff by him on the Internet then google for "cycling", "cow blood", and "comments" sometime. He spent years writing posts on news sites that accept comments about articles, raging about Armstrong, Nike, and cow blood. Note that BigBoat's new avatar is a Nike avatar.

I'll have to check this Mustardjunkie out on Youtube. It could be good for a laugh.

TiMan was Realgains. He told me so. He was also full of sh!t when it came to blood doping. His tale of a doctor on his Cat 1 team helping the team blood dope does not pass the smell test along with several other details in his story. Some of his information sounds like it was derived from the doping story in Outside Magazine. His info about various steroids is legit.

I still think BigBoat is Flyer/Tom Morris. He was practically gloating about it in that post where he asked us if we really knew who Flyer was. Flyer also joined this forum early on using my user name and the names of a number of members of CF. He was banned but a ban never stops him from coming back. BigBoat has also posted a number of links to old CF threads. Flyer has spent the last year making invisible posts to old CF threads.

I don't remember Realgains being as repetitive as BigBoat is. BigBoat also retains a personality feature of Flyer that he does not ever consider that anything he posts might be wrong. He writes like he thinks he is chiseling Holy Writ into stone tablets. One disparity is that the some of BigBoat's language similar to Realgains, which is why I have entertained the possibility that Realgains and Flyer/Tom Morris are the same "person." After Flyer was banned on CF, TiMan joined. Members like House were quick to accuse TiMan of being a new name for Flyer.

F1Nut on RBR was Realgains.

As far as professions, Tom Morris is a fifty year old CPA. Realgains is some sort of low level medical professional like a nurse or physical therapist.

I've wondered if BigBoat is copying things nearly verbatim he finds on RealGains posts at CEM. Almost like he is trying to step into the RealGains persona. Even has multiple quotes as his signature. Except BBs quotes lack the bite of those RealGains uses. Perhaps envious of the respect RealGains has at CEM and is hoping to achieve the same for himself here. Just my impression.

longrun said:
I've wondered if BigBoat is copying things nearly verbatim he finds on RealGains posts at CEM. Almost like he is trying to step into the RealGains persona. Even has multiple quotes as his signature. Except BBs quotes lack the bite of those RealGains uses. Perhaps envious of the respect RealGains has at CEM and is hoping to achieve the same for himself here. Just my impression.

I have thought about that: That BigBoat is Flyer pretending to be RealGains. RealGains demonstrates solid knowledge of how to use steroids. I don't see that depth of knowledge from BigBoat. In fact everything from BigBoat looks like it comes from the Internet rather than first hand use. I see him needlessly throwing the names of various doping products in his posts as though it increases his credibility.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
My point about Kimmage, and I too have followed cycling since the mid 80s, is that even he believes in certain high profile riders - the likes of Wiggins and VandeVelde.

Based on my own feelings about doping in the peloton, don't you think that even very knowledgable individuals want to believe, at some level, that atleast some of the riders are clean?
Personally, I try to put the idea out of my mind when I am watching races lest I lose interest. Whenever another cyclist tests positive I just roll my eyes and shake my head in disgust.

TRENDING THREADS