• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bike insurance - cheaper options?

I'm a British Cycling member and even with their discount I'm being quoted £23 per month to insure my new Specialized Roubaix Comp, value £3,400. Anyone know of any cheaper but still reliable alternatives?

Home insurance won't cover to that value - thanks though

It should cover it, if not the traditional way through the content's coverage of the policy, then ask about a personal property floater for bikes, similar to a floater for jewelry. If your agent did not offer you that option when you asked about bicycle coverage...time to find another agent, any agent worth their salt should have automatically thought of it and offered it to you. I'm not even an insurance agent and I would have thought of it!

Homeowners insurance in America won't cover the bike if you crash it, unless you get a floater, but in my case, the floater was more expensive than separate bike insurance.

If you want to cover your bike in case anything happens to it, then separate bike insurance is the only option you have, unless in your country a floater will do the same thing for less.

TRENDING THREADS