• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bike related sayings

Do any of you have things you say which comes from either riding or watching bike races?
For example; when I say pull a Rasmussen I mean making a complete fool out of yourself during a (very important) TT...
(So far Chicken is the only one who's actually pulled a Rasmussen...)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
greenspanning

My favorite is the result of statements made by our dear former Fed chairman. When a rider is displaying "irrational exuberance" that typically leads to a crash or sudden drop in performance, he is "greenspanning."

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
i remember after tdf 07 we used to say "struggling like cadel evans" alot. because he looked like he was gonna be dropped throughout the entire race.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Do any of you have things you say which comes from either riding or watching bike races?
For example; when I say pull a Rasmussen I mean making a complete fool out of yourself during a (very important) TT...
(So far Chicken is the only one who's actually pulled a Rasmussen...)

I can remember when Bjarne Riis threw his bike over the fence after the second flat in the final Time trial of the tour when Jan took over the lead from him.

No falt of Bjarne just the rotten bike kept getting flat tyres

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I caught my kids Ratting out their friends to save face and said to them, before looking at the evidence I might add, "Come on now don't go all Frankie Andreu on me now"...

My oldest, who happens to be into cycling pop culture if you will, replied, "No Dad that would be a Betsy"

Touche

TRENDING THREADS