• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

bike sizes

I currently ride a 57 cm Orbea Onix and it fits great. I am looking for a second hand bike for my out of town rides and am wondering how close a 56 cm Cannondale Caad 9 would be fit wise to my current ride. I don't want to waste the sellers/my time so I'm looking for advice here before scheduling an appointment to check it out.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thank you.
Jon

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Your Orbea comes a 57 cm TT, the cannondale is is 56 cm TT. One size up (58 cm) comes with a 57.5 cm TT. Also the 56 Cannondale comes with a much shorter head tube than the Orbea.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
darkcloud said:
I currently ride a 57 cm Orbea Onix and it fits great. I am looking for a second hand bike for my out of town rides and am wondering how close a 56 cm Cannondale Caad 9 would be fit wise to my current ride. I don't want to waste the sellers/my time so I'm looking for advice here before scheduling an appointment to check it out.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thank you.
Jon

Any Cannondale is OK just be aware you need a longer stem seat tube on Orbea may be .5 of a mill more set back so that will make a slight difference.

Set the seat same as Orbea then measure the reach to the bars

Cannondale will be big enough

So what I'm getting from this is the slight difference in TT length can be made up for by a different length stem, if necessary.
Bottom line, the frame should be ok and any fine tuning can be accomplished with parts...
I appreciate you guys taking the time to help out. This is all new to me.
Jon

TRENDING THREADS